- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish
- Duration3 hrs
- Opening seasons:
The Aoraki Mount Cook region offers some of the most spectacular alpine scenery in the South Island. Make the most of winter and enjoy an unforgettable scenic helicopter flight before descending onto one of many snow-covered mountains and begin your snowshoe adventure.
Modern, lightweight snowshoes make walking easy, so you can enjoy this incredible alpine experience. Witness the natural silence and amazing views across the Mackenzie Basin towards Aoraki Mount Cook and the giants of the Southern Alps.
The Helicopter Line offers Mount Cook Heli Snowshoeing in conjunction with Alpine Guides Ltd, who have been operating since 1966 and can trace their heritage back 100 years. Your professional guide will lead you over snowy plateaus and across spectacular mountain terrain whilst providing informative commentary about the surrounding mountains. With an excellent safety record, rigid assessments and using high quality equipment, your safety and enjoyment is taken care of.
Heli snowshoeing highlights
- Two scenic helicopter flights in the Mount Cook region
- Incredible mountain, glacier and lake views
- Up to 2 hours snowshoeing on a remote mountain
- Professional and experienced guides and pilots
→ You are automatically refunded the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 30 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 10 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, are considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
Your safety is the highest priority so the guide reserves the right to cancel your booking depending on health and agility considerations. This product is not suitable for people with any difficulty walking on uneven ground. Additionally, due to the nature of the hike clients over 120kg’s and/or pregnant will not be able to participate.
The team will its best to accommodate you but occasionally cancellation may be unavoidable.
- All equipment provided: boots, snowshoes, trekking poles, snow gaiters, rain pants and a warm jacket
- Helicopter ride
- Warm upper body clothing (preferably 3 to 4 layers)
- Leggings or light trousers
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- A sense of fun and adventure!