- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish
- Duration3 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Adventure into Mount Cook National Park and heli hike across Tasman Glacier. Witness the beauty of the Tasman Glacier lake and the stunning ice formations from the helicopter as you fly over the spectacular Tasman Glacier.
Once you descend and step foot onto the ice you will encounter fresh alpine air as your heli hike guide introduces you to the world of the Tasman Glacier. This is a unique experience and one which will not be forgotten
The Tasman Glacier is the largest of several glaciers which flow south and east towards the Mackenzie Basin from the Southern Alps in New Zealand’s South Island. At 27km (17mi) in length, Tasman Glacier is New Zealand’s longest glacier. It is as much as 4km (2.5mi) wide and 600m (2,000ft) thick, and lies entirely within the borders of Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park. The glacier covers an area of 101 square km (39 sq mi) and starts at a height of 3,000m (9,800 ft) above sea level.
→ You are automatically refunded the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 30 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 10 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, are considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
All participants must be in good health and weigh a maximum of 120 kg.Special terms
*The meeting time can be changed according to weather conditions
- 20th September to 30th April: 9 am, 11 am, 1 pm
- 1st May to 14th May: 9 am, 11 am
- 15th May to 19th September: 11 am
- All necessary hiking gear
- Warm upper body clothing (preferably 3 to 4 layers)
- Leggings or light trousers
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- A sense of fun and adventure!