- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish
- Duration3 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Viscover up-close the magnificent natural phenomenon of the stunning West Coast glaciers. This two-hour heli and walking adventure is suitable for people of average fitness and above.
The Helicopter Line is privileged to be able to offer heli-hiking on the Franz Josef.
Franz Josef Glacier is 12km (7.45mi) long and fed by a massive 20 square km (7.7 sq mi) snowfield at the top of the Southern Alps. It features ice pinnacles as high as multi-story buildings, deep crevasses, and stunning, pristine blue ice. It’s all on show and the most dynamic glacier in New Zealand is accessible to you via one of the most exhilarating experiences in the world.
→ You are automatically reimbursed the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 30 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 10 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, are considered last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
All participants must be in good health and weigh a maximum of 120 kg.Special terms
*The meeting time can be changed according to weather conditions
- October-April: 9.30 am, 12 pm, 2.30 pm
- May-September: 11 am, 1.30 pm
- All necessary hiking gear
- Warm upper body clothing (preferably 3 to 4 layers)
- Leggings or light trousers
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- A sense of fun and adventure!