- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish
- Duration4 hrs
- Opening seasons:
This activity is a guided 4 hours Kayak trip on Lake Rotoiti, Rotorua, to the spectacular Manupirua Springs Hot Pools.
You will paddle across scenic Lake Rotoiti to this amazing spot only accessible by boat while learning about some of the history and local stories. Situated right on the lake edge there are a range of hot pools of varying temperatures all fed from a natural hot spring.
Paddling time is around 1 hour each way and there is plenty of time to relax and enjoy the hot pools or swim in the lake before paddling back.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- Recommended minimum weight limit 20kg
- Recommended maximum weight limit 125kg
- Children may be able to go in a double kayak if accompanied by an adult who is competent to paddle with the child's assistanceSpecial terms
Bookings must be placed a minimum of 24 hours in advance for this trip.
If you wish to be picked up from your central Rotorua accomodation, please chat with the staff at River Rats after you've booked.
The activity will take 2 hours on the water, however allow 4 hours(excluding travel time) or 5 hours including transfers.
Please note the starting times are different in Summer and in Winter, see below:
Below you will find the upcoming seasons:
Current summer - until April 2nd 2018
Winter 2018 - April 3rd 2018 to October 19th 2018
Summer 2018/2019 - October 20th 2018 to April 22nd 2019
- Full training
- Required specialist equipment
- Complimentary transport available from central Rotorua
- Food & Drinks