- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish
- Duration2 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Embark on an adrenaline rush that will take you down the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world. This exhilarating White Water rafting adventure will move you through foamy water and over the awesome seven-meter drop at Tutea Falls. Gather your adrenaline-seeking friends and family or just yourself if everyone else is too scared!
This 45 minutes rafting trip will take you on the Kaituna River, a short 15 minutes from central Rotorua. Although it offers full-on action, the river is pool drop meaning that every rapid is followed by calm water making it very forgiving for a grade 5 river. This rafting trip is suitable for all active people aged 13 years and over.
Allow at least two hours for this activity, as it will also include 15 to 20 minutes of training prior to the trip teaching all the required paddle commands and safety information.
Lastly, professional photographs are taken during the rafting trip and are available for purchase so make sure to have the best of time and smile as much as you can! !
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
The activity takes 45 minutes on the water, however allow 2 hours (excluding travel time) or 3 hours including transfers.Activity requirements
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Recommended minimum weight limit 40kg
- Recommended maximum weight limit 125kg
If you wish to be picked up from your central Rotorua accommodation 30 minutes before trip time, please chat with the staff at River Rats after you've booked the activity.
- April 3rd, 2018 to October 19th, 2018
- April 23rd, 2019 to October 25th, 2019
- Full training
- Safety Helmets
- Wetsuit Booties
- Polar Fleece Tops (weather dependent)
- Spray jackets (weather dependent)
- Complimentary pick up is available from central Rotorua
- Food & Drinks