- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesNorwegian, English
- Durationfrom 1 hr to full day
- Opening seasons:
Go on a dog sledding excursion near Gelio to explore the beautiful landscapes of the county of Buskerud in southern Norway.
It's important for Geilo Husky that you get to explore dog sledding the real way. That's why you will drive your own pack of sled dogs, and a musher will teach you everything you need to know about the dogs, the dog handling and how to drive the sled.
After, or during the excursion, your musher will always have some time around the campfire to give you a taste of Norway and get time to tell you about the dog life!
They provide different excursions to suit everyone's needs:
- Husky Taster: a nice trip through the forest and over the frozen lake of Ustedalsfjorden for about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Husky Extra: If you wish to enjoy a longer adventure, you will drive for about 50 minutes.
- Full Day Trip: Go on a full day excursion including lunch in the Hardangervidda National Park.
Geilo Husky is close to Oslo and have easy access from the train station(only 1,5 km walk from their camp). The farm is 10 min drive from Geilo. Since they are close to both Oslo and Bergen, you can travel from big cities to Geilo for a mushing tour and go back on the same day!
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected