- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Norwegian
- Duration6 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Join the guides for an unforgettable reindeer sledding trip in Tromsø, Norway. This tour is perfect for anyone who wants to learn more and get a real feel for the fascinating Sami culture. Open to all levels!
The Sami have been using reindeer and sled for hundreds of years to transport equipment and people. This Sami experience will allow you to dive into the Sami culture for four hours. You will not only get to go reindeer sledding, but also learn more about the Sami culture as a whole. This includes for instance listening to joik, a traditional Sami song.
The experience starts off at Scandic Ishavshotel from where you will be transferred. Once arrived, you will get to learn more about the Sami, their culture and go reindeer sledding. You will even be able to try the Lavvo, and eat a delicious soup! If you are lucky, you might even hear some exciting stories!
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- 09:15 Meet at Scandic Ishavshotel.
- 09:30 Transfer from Tromsø
- 10:45 Arrival at Aurora Alps
- 13:00 Lunch is served
- 14:00 Departure
- 15:00 Arrival in Tromsø
Contact instructor for your choice of meal:
- Reindeer soup (Bidos)
- Fish soup
- Warm clothes
- Warm shoes