- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Afrikaans
- Duration20 min
- Opening seasons:
Tandem paragliding is one of those activities that will undoubtedly produce an adrenaline rush, the best of all is you need no experience whatsoever as your pilot will do all the hard work. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show. Don’t forget to smile for the camera!
In order to have an awesome flight, your paragliding pilot will brief you on take-off and landing procedures. Pay attention because at some point he will need you to take a few steps during take-off. Then, it's all a piece of cake, you'll sit comfortably in your harness. Landings are also a piece of cake! They require you to stand up in the harness and take a few steps as you touch the ground.
The team over at Icarus will provide you will all the necessary equipment including helmets, harnesses with back protection, reserve parachutes and will also execute careful pre-flight checks and pre-launch observation.
Your paragliding flight will part from Lion's Head, a spot that the team calls home as you will find them there most days. Your pilots will meet you at the Lions Head car park before walking 10 – 20 minutes to the take-off sites. There, two options are available, after the steep sand road you go around the corner with Camps Bay Beach in view on the left, the second further along as you turn the corner and can see Robben Island, higher to the right.
The take-off site you will fly from depends on the wind conditions that day. You will paraglide over Camps Bay and Clifton, either landing on Camps Bay beach but more often landing on the grass in front of The Bungalow (the old La Med). After your flight, why not enjoy a cocktail at The Bungalow?
During your stay in Cape Town, this is one activity you clearly don't want to miss, bring your camera because you are allowed to bring it with you! The best thing is that Icarus Tandem Paragliding has pilots of many backgrounds and they pride themselves on having some of the best female pilots!
Contrary to the popular Greek myth, you will not burn your wings near the sun, but you sure will have an amazing flight and a memory to cherish forever!
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- Your paragliding pilot will brief you on take off and landing procedures before your flight.
- It is important that you trust your pilot and listen carefully to what he has to say.
- Take off requires a few steps, once airborne you will be instructed to sit comfortably in your harness.
- Landings are on a specific area of grass or beach sand and require that you stand up in the harness and take a few steps as you touch the ground.
Participants must be in a general good health.
Participants must not exceed 120kgs.
Minimum age: 6 years / 20 kg
The exact meeting point will be confirmed with your instructor after booking.Special terms
Minors must have parental authorization.
Transportation can be arranged with the instructor for an extra R200.
Paragliding is subject to weather conditions. Please mind that depending on the wind direction and strength, your flight might take off from Signal Hill.
- All necessary equipment
- Transportation to meeting point ( + R200 per vehicle)
- Photos or video ( + R300)
- Closed shoes
- Warm clothes