- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Afrikaans, Dutch
- Duration3 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Kayak with an experienced guide from Central Beach to Robberg Nature Reserve and savour the opportunity to view the Bay and its marine life up close and personal.
This is a prodigious experience and you will be provided with all the necessary equipment including a brief lesson on how to kayak. It is not uncommon to have dolphins swimming alongside you as you paddle and when you reach Robberg Nature Reserve you will kayak amongst the seals at the seal colony. Your guide will share information and stories about the magnificent nature reserve and the myriad of marine life in the bay.
In whale season you could encounter these majestic mammals during your tour allowing you to have the sighting of a lifetime. An awesome activity that doesn't require any physical exercise to enjoy the great marine life of the ocean! Give it a try and you'll have a story to tell from your trip in Plettenberg Bay!
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
- Kayak with an experienced guide from Central Beach to Robberg Nature Reserve and the seal colony
- Encounter dolphins, pelagic birds and view the whales safely from your kayak
- Briefing lesson before going in water to learn how to paddle correctly on the kayak
Duration: 2 to 3 hours depending on the speed of the group.
- Guests meet at Ocean Blue Shop 15 minutes before the trip
- Guide to carry radio & all SAMSA Equipment
- Briefing lesson on the beach to learn how to use correctly the kayak so you don't get tired
- 2 hours of tour and return
- After trip guests shower at beach
Basic swimming skills required
- Bottled Water
- Coffee and tea upon arrival
- Kayak equipment
- Warm clothes during winter season
- Sun cream and hut during summer