- Sport levelAdvanced
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Spanish, French
- Duration2-3 days
- Opening seasons:
The Aneto is the highest mountain of the Pyrenees. Its ascent has a strong significance historically for being a symbol of conquering the mighty Pyrenees. Standing at 3,404m, the Aneto's northern face is covered by the biggest glacier of the region.
Though the ascent fo the Aneto doesn't require a lot of technical expertize, you will need a good physical condition. This ski touring will take you off the beaten tracks of marked trails. The mountains promises you an impressive diversity, which means that there is, most of time, a sector that is exposed to good snow conditions!
The guides will take you on a two-day trip taking into account the weather conditions and your level. In any case, you will face the challenge of climbing the Mahoma Pass. There, you will have to change into crampons and face the mighty mountain, an experience that will be the icing on the cake.
During this ski touring excursion, you will be part of a group of maximum 4 skiers, so you will have customized advice and guidance.
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
- You will meet your guide at 11:00 in the morning at the tourist information office. There, he will brief you about the activity and the particular itinerary of the day, and you will check that all equipment is in perfect shape.
- Then you will make your way to Benasque Hospital and you will start the excursion.
- During the first day, you will go up to La Renclusa Refuge at 2,140m, 440 m uphill.
- The next day, you will descend and have an challenging but fun day gliding over white snow, at the end of the day you will return to the meeting point.Activity requirements
Participants must be 18 or older and have a good ski level.Special terms
The excursion is obviously subject to weather and snow conditions. Please contact your guide a few days before your excursion to confirm the program and the meeting point and time.
- Collective equipment
- Radio communication
- Transportation to meeting point
- Ski-lift tickets
- Accommodation in refuge
- Full skiing equipment
- Bottled water and snacks
- Warm clothes