- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Spanish
- Duration5 hrs
Every major capital city needs a natural area nearby for the practice of outdoor sports. Sierra de Guadarrama is one of those places for the Madrileans, a great place for rock climbing!
Rock climbing is one of the favorite sports for outdoor enthusiasts. Amon the many reasons for its fast growth in popularity is the fact that rock climbing is a great way to connect with nature while taking a break from routine.
Climbing is one of the most fun and exciting extreme sports in the natural environment, a safe experience and full of emotions that you will not forget. Also, this amazing sport is incredibly rewarding: it's only you versus the mountain and gravity! The thing epic stories are made of!
During this taster lesson, you'll learn the basic techniques required for making your way up a groomed and equipped rock climbing route. Also, you'll go through the safety equipment and the way to communicate with your partner on the ground belaying you.
After this 5 hour session, you'll be proud of yourself and probably be wanting to repeat the experience!
→ You are automatically refunded the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 30 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 10 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, are considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
During this session you'll learn:
- Introduction to Climbing as Sport: history, types of rock, degrees of difficulty.
- Specific equipment and material.
- Basic climbing techniques.
- Rock climbing practice.
All participants must be in good health.
Minors must have authorization by their parent.
Please get in touch with your guide after booking to arrange your specific meeting time and spot.
A minimum of 3 people is required for this activity to take place. In case you are less, you might be added to an existing group.
- All necessary equipment (harness, helmet, climbing shoes)
- Collective climbing equipment
- Comfortable clothes
- Bottled water and snacks