- Sport levelIntermediate
- Spoken languagesEnglish, French, Spanish
- Duration2-3 days
- Opening seasons:
Get ready to face the snowy landscape of Els Encantats, the most beautiful mountain of the Pyrenees surrounded by lakes. This 2 day trip in the mountain is an experience you will never forget!
Go for a 2 day snowshoeing tour with a professional mountain leader in the Els Encantats mountain and climb Deth Gran Sendrosa mountain pass to access wonderful views of the Cirque of Colomers!
Your passionate moutain guide Julien will be with you the entire snowshoeing excursion, that will lead you to the spanish border. You will hike while take in the views of Els Encantats, a true winter wonderland far from the hustle and bustle of the city.
You will depart from the Montrejeau train station to go to Val d'Aran, where the adventure begins. On the first day, you will hike from the starting point to the Colomers mountain lodge where you will have dinner and sleep comfortably. The next day, you will go on an incredible hike around the various lakes of Colomers that is located in the heart of the Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici National Park.
The group levels are adjusted to everybody's capacity but you have to be at least sporty to go on this trip. The duration of the snowshoeing trip can change depending on the starting point.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
2 day snowshoeing trip for sporty people. You will spend the night in a mountain lodge in Colomers.Itinerary
8 a.m: Meeting at the Montréjeau train station then drive to the Aran Valley.
9.30 a.m: Arrival at the Salardu village. Starting point of the snowshoeing excursion in Els Encantats mountain.
4 p.m: Arrival to the Colomers mountain lodge.
- You will be able to go on a hike to Deth Gran pass, depending on the weather conditions and the group's physical condition after the first day. You will be over for lunchtime.
- Walk around the Colomers frozen lakes before going down.
- You will spend the rest of the day going back down to the parking spot.
Depending on the weather condition some adjustments will be done to insure your safety and the smooth running of your trip. The guide may make last minute modification, change his mind about someone's particpation, rethink this person equipment or physical condition before the beginning of the excursion.
The guide in charge of planning the trip can ask for you to bring your safety pack (Arva beacon, shovel and probe). It is 20 euros per person for the rental of the equipment.
- Mountain Guide
- Snowshoeing equipment
- Dinner + breakfast + lunch (Day 2 at the mountain lodge)
- Arva beacon + shovel + probe
- Transportation on the spot
- Camp equipment
- Lunch (Day 1)
- Warm and appropriate winter clothing
- Fleece jacket + powder down jacket, windbreaker jacket (gore-tex)
- Backpack 30l - 40l
- Mattress (foam, air, self inflating) + sleeping bag (0°C temperature)
- Hiking shoes
- Water bottle
- 2 pairs of glove + beanie + sunglasses or snow goggles + sun screen