- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesSpanish, English, Italian
- Duration2-3 days
- Opening seasons:
Do you want to learn how to kitesurf in the best spot for kitesurfing in Europe? Come and try out the 2 day basic course with Subcielo Kite School!
This course is held in the kitesurfing paradise: Tarifa. Normally the lessons are taught in Playa de Valdequeros, just in front of Camping Valdevaqueros, but depending on the weather conditions they might move up to Playa los Lances front of Camping Río Jara.
You will have daily lessons of 3 or 2 hours and you can choose between three options: group, semiprivate or private courses.
You'll learn everything about the material, their function & how to assemble it. You’ll learn to determine the best conditions to kitesurf safely and to identify risks on the beach as well as the weather. Also, you will fly the kite to learn how to manage it (outside the water), the security systems and how to use them. Afterwards, and if the instructor thinks you are ready, you’ll go into the water to learn the body dragging technique.
During the second day of the course you will practice everything that you learnt the first day but now in the water!
The lesson will be focused on getting you to control the direction of the kite with the power of the wind so you can slide over the water.
Objectives of the course:
· Learning the theory of wind
· Assemble and disassemble equipment
· Control of the kite
· Take off & landing of the kite (outside the water)
· Security protocols to assemble the kite
· Manage the kite whilst on the water
· Apply & perfect the body dragging technique in the water
· Launch the kite when you're in the sea
· Enter, launch & land the kite whilst on the water and with one hand
· Learn how to position your feet and use the board
· Control the kite while you hold the board with one hand
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made