- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesSwedish, English
- Duration6 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Join Kiruna Guidetur and explore Abisko national park hiking. In the heart of Lapland's alpine world, you find scenic mountains and Scandinavia's largest alpine lake.
Have you always wondered how it feels like being surrounded by only Nordic nature, or are you already an experienced hiker yourself? Either way, Kiruna Guidetur's hike in Abisko national park won't let you down! The 6 hours adventure starts off with a bus ride from Kiruna, where you will travel along one of Sweden's most beautiful roads. Along the road, you will spot fantastic views over the mountain Lapporten and the scenic lake Torneträsk.
Once in Abisko, you will start hiking down Abiskojokka, an extraordinary canyon. From there you will continue down towards Björkliden to see one of the biggest waterfalls Rakkasjohka. Also referred to as the silver falls. This will be followed by you enjoying a delicious lunch before being transferred back to Kiruna.
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
- Meetup at 9 AM at Kiruna Guidetur office. Please arrive 15 minutes prior.
- Transfer to Abisko
- Hike starts
- Stop for lunch & Coffee/tea
- Hike continues
- Transfer back to Kiruna
- Back around 3 PM
The child must be able to walk a longer route. Otherwise, the parents must be able to carry them during more difficult paths.Special terms
- Transfer from your hotel to Kiruna Guidetur office is not included in the price. This is an additional cost of 75SEK/Adult and 37SEK/Child. Please contact the instructor once activity booked to organise transfer
- Please note that the transfer from the hotel is 30 minutes PRIOR to the activity start. However, the transfer from the ICE HOTEL is scheduled for 8 AM.
- Please note if you have any allergies please contact instructor once activity booked.
- Transfer from Kiruna to Abisko
- Transfer from hotel to meeting point (75 SEK Adult & 37SEK Child)
- Hiking shoes
- Appropriate hiking clothes