- Sport levelAdvanced
- Spoken languagesEnglish, French, Italian
- Durationfull day
- Opening seasons:
The heli-canyoning trip is probably the best canyoning tour in the world. You'll start with a short but spectacular helicopter flight from the Lodrino airbase to the landing zone at an elevation near 1200 meters.
You'll actually fly below the level of the canyon walls, and you’ll catch a glimpse of the excitement to come. Once you begin to descend you will find a huge variety of abseils, the longest of which is 45 metres in length. You'll also slide through natural chutes and experience jumps of 16 metres into narrow fissures with crystal clear pools.
This is a long and varied canyon, one of the best in a canyoning region known throughout the world. The actual time in-canyon is about 6-7 hours.
Please note: Actual trip start time may vary depending on the schedule of the helicopter company.
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
All participants must:
- Be a master of active abseiling
- Be in very good physical condition
- Have very good swimming skills
- Be sure-footed
- Not suffer from vertigo
All participants must have previous canyoning experience or must have attended an abseil training class with certified guides (usually scheduled for the evening before the tour, additional cost of 50 CHF).
- Everything you need for canyoning
- Wetsuit and neoprene socks
- Canyoning harness and helmet
- Canyoning shoes
- Transport to canyon
- Canyoning Guide
- Snacks & drinks after the trip
- Helicopter flight into the canyon
- Swimming costume/shorts
- Synthetic or merino sports underwear to wear under your wetsuit if you get cold easily
- Disposable contact lenses if you normally wear glasses
- Personal medications such as asthma spray, epi-pen, or allergy medication
- Compact waterproof camera or GoPro action camera (at your own risk)