- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Russian, French
- Durationfull day
- Opening seasons:
Have you always dreamt of scuba diving down into turquoise coloured water in the archipelago of Phuket in Thailand? Well here’s your chance! SSS Phuket will take you on your first dive to explore the best spots of the Ko Racha Islands.
During this excursion you will learn how to use scuba diving gear in shallow water. Your certified instructor will give you a short presentation on what an underwater exploration consists of.
This package is all inclusive (transfers to and from the hotel, boat, scuba diving gear, breakfast, lunch, fruit and drinks), you’ll do 2 dives around the different islands.
During your scuba dive at Ko Racha Yai, you’ll be able to swim in turquoise coloured water that’s surrounded by powder white sand. The water temperature varies between 27 and 30°C – pure bliss!
All the necessary scuba diving gear is included in the package: a mask, snorkel and fins, a buoyancy control device that also carries your scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from and instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply. You would also be provided with a scuba wetsuit and a weight system.
Koh Racha Yai is the largest of the two islands located off the Southeastern coast of Phuket.
On the northern end of the island, you can find two beautiful little bays. They are known for their deep clear waters and the colorful coral formations. This scuba eden has gained its reputation for its beautiful clear waters and white sandy beaches. Being renowned for its great visibility while diving even during the different seasons, nothing beats learning how to dive in Racha Yai.
While it may be awesome to already discover the rich marine life in Racha Yai while snorkeling, diving would lead you into a whole new underwater experience. Amongst the varieties of marine life that you would be able to see, get ready to spot the hidden scorpion fish waiting to prey!
Another variety of fish that you would be able to spot are the tuna. Feast your eyes on the shoals of tuna swimming around you. Stonefish are also regular guests at Racha Yai .For many divers’ pleasure, be sure to enjoy an exceptional dive especially off the east coast where the current allows a drift dive along a slope with a rocky face. It is covered with beautiful corals.
- Journey time: 1.45 hours
- Number of islands: 2
- Depth: 4 – 40 metres
- Visibility: 12 – 30 metres
- Currents: Weak
- Water temperature: 27-30°C
- Level of experience: Beginner to intermediate
- Number of dive sites: 12
- Diving Season: All year
- Distance: 45 km east of Phuket
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- Learn the necessary basic techniques for scuba diving under the supervision of a certified PADI instructor
- Learn how to prepare your scuba diving gear and explore the subaquatic world
- Discover what it’s like to breathe underwater
- Execute a few simple exercises and learn the security regulations
7:30am: Pick up at the hotel and proceed to Chalong Pier, where you'll be transferred to the diving boat
8:00am: Welcome aboard! Breakfast is provided on the way to the first dive site
11:00am: First dive
12:00am: Hot buffet lunch will be served onboard, after which you'll have time for some snorkelling and sunbathing
1:30pm: Second dive
2:30pm: Rest and Relaxation - enjoy fresh tropical fruit and soft drinks on the way back to Chalong pier
3:30pm: Back to Chalong Pier.
4:00pm: Transfer back to hotel
There are free transfers for Chalong, Kata, Kata Noi, Karon, Patong areas. If you are located outside these areas, please let SSS Phuket know as soon as you have booked the activity, please note this is a surcharge for this service.
- Rawai, Nai Harn: 250 THB pp
- Surin, Bangtao, Laguna, Kamala: 400 THB pp
- Kathu, Phuket Town, Cap Panwa, Koh Sirae: 1000 THB per cab (4p max)
- Nai Thon, Nai Yang, Mai Kao: 2000 THB per cab (4p max)
Please note you are not allowed to fly for up to 24 hours after your last dive.
- 2 scuba dives to a depth of 12 metres
- All necessary scuba diving gear
- Transfers to and from the hotel
- Breakfast and lunch
- Snacks and fresh fruit
- Soft drinks and water
- Swimming costume