- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesFrench, English, Russian
- Durationfrom 2 hrs to > 1 week
- Opening seasons:
SSS Phuket gives you the opportunity and the chance to practice one of the most popular sport in the whole world: surfing! Come and enjoy the waves and excitement that Phuket offers.
Kata Beach is one of the ideal locations you could learn to surf in Phuket. Complementing the breath-taking view is the gradual sloping of the sandy ocean floor which makes perfect waves for beginners.
Be warned: Surfing can become very addictive!
- You will meet your instructor at the SSS Phuket shop
- Your surfboard will be waiting for you at the best spot on Kata Beach
- During your surfing lessons, the instructor will teach you the basics of the discipline - you will be able to stand on your board from the first lesson
- Before going into water your instructor will have a short briefing about the security regulations - you will then determine which foot will support the most your balance once on your board (right or left – generally this is called goofy or regular surfer).
- After that, you will try to stand on the board on the beach, the aim is to make you feel confident with your board.
- Once in the water your instructor will help you finding your balance on the board - your instructor will be on-hand at all times to help and advise you
- He will push you into waves so that you will be able to enjoy as soon as you hit your first waves.
After your first lesson, you will yet be able to enjoy your first waves by yourself.
At the end of your course, nothing could be simpler, SSS Phuket's deals with the surfboard. You just have to relax yourself and enjoy the Andaman Sea’s delights!
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected