- Sport levelAdvanced
- Spoken languagesEnglish
- Durationfull day
- Opening seasons:
Before getting started the outdoor experts will have you kitted out in a wetsuit and helmet, making sure you a comfortable during the canyoning Scotland experience.
The team are happy to answer any questions you may have about the day’s activity and will give you and your family a full briefing before hitting the water!
Scottish canyoning is one of the best activities you can pick for your family trip. You and the kids will love this memorable experience as it is so exhilarating and exciting.
Looking for extreme canyoning in Scotland? You've found it - this is currently the most technical canyon in the UK, a committing slot canyon full of technical drops, long slides, jumps and multi pitch abseils.
Grey Mares Tail is a 5 hour outing in Scotland's most technical slot canyon, and Vertical Descents developed the only via ferrata up the side of this waterfall. The excursion starts by ascending the via ferrata, then descending the canyon with lots of abseils, a few jumps and an array of slides. The canyon finishes with a 100 metre waterfall that is not for the fainthearted!
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- All necessary canyoning gear
- Expert instructor
- Something to wear under a wetsuit, swimming attire is best
- Some old trainers (don't worry if you don't have any, there is a selection at the centre)
- Towel and warm clothes for afterwards
- Bottled water and snacks