- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish
- Duration3 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Via Ferrata: The Ultimate high-wire adventure, a route that runs up the side of the second biggest waterfall in Scotland.
Staples and cables have been installed into the rock to allow safe access to climb the side of the waterfall. This is the only Via Ferrata in Scotland.
A guide will instruct you on how to climb safely and accompany you along the route of ladders, bridges and ziplines. There are amazing views of Kinlochleven and the waterfall on the journey.
Via ferrata in Scotland
Via Ferrata Scotland is located in Kinlochleven, near Fort William and Glencoe. Equipped with fixed cables, staples, ladders and bridges, this route allow users to access this spectacular environment without the risks associated with unprotected scrambling and climbing. With state of the art specialist Via Ferrata equipment, sponsored by Petzl, you will be permanently clipped on to the continuous safety cable. This combined with expert guiding ensures you are in the safest hands possible allowing you to experience and enjoy this seemingly inaccessible environment.
Things to do in Fort William
There are lots of things to do Fort William and Via Ferrata is just one of them. This intense experience will take you on an epic 500 metre journey around a magical and previously inaccessible, bedrock amphitheatre. The stunning 90 metre waterfall can be seen at all points of the route.
Hugely popular in the Italian Dolomites and across the Alps, Via Ferratas allow non skilled climbers to achieve heights and access areas they thought not possible.
Via Ferrata Scotland is the second of its kind in the UK, the first being the Via Ferrata at Honister Pass in the Lake District. Developed in 2007 by Mark Weir, the Via Ferrata climbs up the side of Fleetwith Pike (2,126 feet high) following old mine workings.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
All participants must be:
- Physically and mentally able to be comfortable in this sort of outdoor environment
- Comfortable with heights and exposure
- Ready to get over your fear of heights and exposure!
- Over 8 yrs of age and over the height of 1 metres 30 cm
- All necessary via feratta gear
- Expert instructor
- Clothes suitable for the changeable weather and outdoor footwear