River Rats Raft & Kayak is one of the longest standing adventure tourism operations in New Zealand, offering quality adventures in Rotorua including rafting, kayaking and sledging.
With over 35 years in business, they pride themselves on a safety first culture. Their mission is to provide customers with a professional and friendly service while enhancing the wealth of experience of customers and staff alike.
At River Rats there is something for everyone, from a gentle grade 2 scenic raft trip through to full on grade 5 action featuring the world’s highest commercially rafted waterfall. Hydrospeed and kayaking on the river as hire or a guided tour are also available.
By taking the utmost pride in everything they do, they have become acknowledged as the premier provider of quality recreational and tourism products which are in keeping with the continued well being of the natural environment.
The company is proud to have achieved a Qualmark Gold award and received the Trip Advisor Hall of Fame awarded for a certificate of excellence 5 years in a row.
All their guides and drivers have detailed knowledge of the areas and activities. They are motivated, enthusiastic individuals who thrive to ensure that everyone has a stimulating and enjoyable experience.
Their equipment is maintained in excellent condition at the highest standard and meet or exceed required safety standards.
- Identity checkID checked
- Company registrationConfirmed
- InsuranceInsurance certificate verified
- Diplomas and qualificationsVerified
- Kayaking From iEvening Kayaking excursion to the Lake Rotoiti Hot Pool...
- Rafting From iRafting down the Wairoa River near Tauranga, New Zealan...
- Hydrospeed From iRiverboarding down the Kaituna River in Rotorua, New Ze...
- Kayaking From iKayaking on Lake Rotoiti to the hot pools in Rotorua
- Rafting From iRafting down the Rangitaiki River near Rotorua, New Zea...
- Rafting From iFamily rafting down the Rangitaiki River near Rotorua,...
- Rafting From iRafting down the Kaituna River in Rotorua
- Kayaking From iKayak rentals on Ohau Channel in Rotorua
Good equipment and staff