Tromso Wilderness Center
Tromsø Villmarkssenter started out as a home for dogs in 1988, since then their passion for dogs and life in nature has taken them on an exhilarating journey.
Tove Sørensen has over 20 years of experience with dog sledding and has competed 15 times in Europe’s longest dog sledding race – Finnmarksløpet. In 2006 she participated in the world's longest dog sled race in Alaska, the Iditarod.
Tromsø Villmarksenter is one of the biggest adventure companies in Norway and is located on Kvaløya (the whale island) 25 minutes from Tromsø. They have 300 Alaskan huskies and offer dog sledding trips and northern lights safaris, lasting from 4 hours to 5 days, in the winter (Nov 1st – April 30th).
In the summer (May 1st – Oct 31st) they focus on the magnificent midnight sun with kayaking, mountain hikes, glacier hikes and excursions with their huskies. Their main focus is to offer an authentic wildlife experience for everyone. Individuals, courses, and conferences, locals, incentives and events or groups, everybody is welcome!
Dog sledding and northern lightschase are their main activities in the winter.
- Identity checkID checked
- Company registrationConfirmed
- InsuranceInsurance certificate verified
- Diplomas and qualificationsVerified
- Sea Kayaking From iSea kayaking tour in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From i2 day Arctic dog sledding expedition in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From iFull day Arctic dog sledding expedition in Tromsø
- Snowshoeing From iArctic snowshoeing excursion in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From iArctic morning dog sledding excursion in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From i6D/5N Arctic dog sledding expedition in Tromsø
- Hiking / Trekking From iHiking with huskies in Tromsø
- Sea Kayaking From iMidnight Sun sea kayaking in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From iArctic Spring dog sledding excursion in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From iSelf-drive Arctic dog sledding excursion in Tromsø
- Hiking / Trekking From iNorthern Lights Husky hike excursion in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From iArctic evening dog sledding excursion in Tromsø
Noce location and good scenic.
A little bit depressing and very noisy , so many barking dogs together with their small cages . But it was explained, that this was a good treatment.
Site magnifique, proche de tromso avec de belles vues sur le fjord.... Les sommets.....
The scenery was stunning.
The views that take the breath, amazing sunrise
Tromsø Villmarkssenter has an amazing spot for our dog sledding, the landscape is really nice, we have enjoyed a lot this perfect place