Tromso Wilderness Center
Tromsø Villmarkssenter started out as a home for dogs in 1988, since then their passion for dogs and life in nature has taken them on an exhilarating journey.
Tove Sørensen has over 20 years of experience with dog sledding and has competed 15 times in Europe’s longest dog sledding race – Finnmarksløpet. In 2006 she participated in the world's longest dog sled race in Alaska, the Iditarod.
Tromsø Villmarksenter is one of the biggest adventure companies in Norway and is located on Kvaløya (the whale island) 25 minutes from Tromsø. They have 300 Alaskan huskies and offer dog sledding trips and northern lights safaris, lasting from 4 hours to 5 days, in the winter (Nov 1st – April 30th).
In the summer (May 1st – Oct 31st) they focus on the magnificent midnight sun with kayaking, mountain hikes, glacier hikes and excursions with their huskies. Their main focus is to offer an authentic wildlife experience for everyone. Individuals, courses, and conferences, locals, incentives and events or groups, everybody is welcome!
Dog sledding and northern lightschase are their main activities in the winter.
- Identity checkID checked
- Company registrationConfirmed
- InsuranceInsurance certificate verified
- Diplomas and qualificationsVerified
- Snowshoeing From iArctic snowshoeing excursion in Tromsø
- Sea Kayaking From iMidnight Sun sea kayaking in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From iSelf-drive Arctic dog sledding excursion in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From iArctic morning dog sledding excursion in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From i6D/5N Arctic dog sledding expedition in Tromsø
- Sea Kayaking From iSea kayaking tour in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From iFull day Arctic dog sledding expedition in TromsøTOP RATEDBased on customer feedback this is a TOP RATED activity you can count on.
- Dog sledding From i2 day Arctic dog sledding expedition in Tromsø
- Hiking / Trekking From iNorthern Lights Husky hike excursion in Tromsø
- Hiking / Trekking From iHiking with huskies in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From iArctic Spring dog sledding excursion in Tromsø
- Dog sledding From iArctic evening dog sledding excursion in Tromsø
Super ! Très explicatif et pédagogue
The instructor was TOP, i learnt a lot also about dog’s life
Instructor very professional and friendly. She really love the dogs and her job
All the staff were super friendly and knowledgeable. It was great to see their positive relationship with the dogs.
Bien organisé, guide très compétent et très professionnel et très attentionné
Péter a été un excellent guide ! Disponible pour nos questions et très sympathique !
Our instructor, Tien was really friendly and knowledgeable about the dogs!
Très gentil et serviable
Very personable, friedly and knowledgable
Very friendly and helpful.
Very informative and friendly staff.
The instructor told us everything we needed to know and was very efficient
An excellent and friendly guide have good amount of patience to care everyone.
She was very compassionated with the dogs and clearly with her instructions.
Very friendly, interesting details
Instructeur agréable, enjoué et donnant de nombreux renseignements....
The instructors were very caring and helpful.
All the staff were perfect, friendly, helpful, professional. All taking huge care about the dogs. Mushers made sure our trip was safe but exciting. Our shining star was miss Joanna who hosted us while the stay in the centre with engaging conversation and very informative speech.
Really good advice for a good self drive sledding with the dogs
The guide is cool. He told a lot of stories about the dog and the sledding competition.
Great crew of people there, it is obvious they love what they are doing which made it a great experience.