Jinja, also known as the biggest city in Uganda sits along the northern shores of Lake Victoria, near the source of the White Nile.
It is famous for being home to the source of the River Nile, one of the most popular white water sport rivers in the world! Jinja is unsurprisingly considered "the adventure capital of East Africa", thanks to the large variety of extreme sports and outdoor activities that can be enjoyed in town.
Tourists often opt for the rafting and kayaking excursions in rapids that vary between 1-6! The daredevils among you could even go for the 2 day kayaking trip that takes you along the most turbulent and agitated rapids (between 3-5). But don’t worry, you’ll be accompanied by a local expert and certified guide at all times.
Those of you who aren’t really into crazy thrills, but want to enjoy the breath taking views from the River Nile can opt for a leisurely stand up paddle excursion. This will not only allow you to discover the exceptional local fauna and flora and natural wonders such as the Bujagali Falls, but it will also give you the chance to take in the surrounding landscapes from a great vantage point.
Those of you who really want to try and master the currents of the river can try a river boarding outing. The full day outing will leave you soaking wet and exhausted, but also full of adrenaline and endorphins from such a fantastic day out with your friends and family.
Not a fan of water sports? No problem! Jinja is also famous for its 44 metre high bungee jump. You’ll jump from a custom made bungee jumping platform over the River Nile. You can even double the fun and bungee jump with a loved one!
The average temperature in Jinja is 22.8 degrees, with January being the hottest month (23.3 degrees) and June being the coolest month (21.7 degrees). Overall, the weather is very pleasant all year round.
- Time zone
- Nearest big cityKampala
- Rafting From iRafting on the River Nile weekender
- Rafting From iRaft & Camp experience on the River Nile
- Rafting From iRafting on the River Nile
- Rafting From iExtreme rafting down the White Nile River near Jinja, U...
- Rafting From iRafting down the White Nile River near Jinja, Uganda
- Rafting From iRafting excursions down the Nile, Jinja
- Hydrospeed From iRiver boarding down the Nile, Uganda
- Kayaking From iTandem kayaking down the Nile, Uganda
- Rafting From iRafting down the Nile, Uganda
- Stand up Paddle From i4 Day SUP trip on the River Nile, Jinja
- Stand up Paddle From iWhitewater SUP excursion down the River Nile, Jinja
- Kayaking From i4 Day kayaking trip on the River Nile, Jinja
- Kayaking From iExtreme tandem kayaking on the River Nile, Jinja
- Kayaking From iMulti day kayaking courses on the River Nile, Jinja
- Kayaking From iKayaking excursion on the River Nile, Jinja