Omiš is a small town located in southern Croatia, on the edge of the Adriatic Sea and less than 30 km south from the city of Split. It is a famous spot for canyoning and rafting in the canyon of the Cetina river.
Due to its strategic location, a lot of battles took place between the Turks, Venetians, Croatians, Hungarians, Austrians and the French. You will be able to see the ruins of two fortresses which are the current witness of Omiš history. Climb up the Mirabella tower, which is the remains of a 13th century fortress, and enjoy a breathtaking view over the city!
Omiš also benefits from a perfect location to practice numerous outdoor activities.
Fine sandy beaches and a warm mediterranean climate make it perfect to fully enjoy nautical sports and activities such as sailing or scuba diving.
Cetina river's canyon and Mount Mosor, near Omiš, are great spots for adrenaline hunters! To enjoy a stunning panorama over the beautiful landscapes and the Adriatic Sea, you can try out ziplining or rock climbing.
If you wish to cool off, you can practice canyoning or rafting down Cetina. Enjoy the hidden natural beauty of Cetina's canyon with its miraculous rocky landscapes and depth of 150 metres!
If you are an outdoor sports lover, Omiš is a must see place in Croatia!
- Main LanguageCroatian
- Time zone
- Nearest big citySplit
- Rafting From iRafting down the Cetina River AND Caving in Omis
- Rafting From iRafting on the Cetina River in Omis
- Windsurfing From iWindsurfing course in Omis
- Rafting From iRafting on Cetina river
- Rock climbing From iBike tour in Omis, Dalmatia
- Rafting From iRafting down the Cetina river near Omis
- Rock climbing From iRock climbing excursion in Split, Croatia
- Via Ferrata From iVia Ferrata in Omis, Croatia
- Kayaking From iKayaking on the Cetina River in Omis, Dalmatia
- Rafting From iCanoe rafting in the Cetina River from Split
- Canyoning From iVelika Gubavica Waterfall canyon from Split
- Canyoning From iIntermediate canyon of Cetina River, Omiš
- Canyoning From iBeginner canyon of Cetina River, Omiš
- Rafting From iRafting down Cetina River in Omis
- Rafting From iRafting down Cetina River, Omis
- Rafting From iRafting down the Cetina River in Omis
- Zip-Lining From iZiplining over Cetina River, Omis
- Rock climbing From iRock climbing excursion in Omis, Croatia
- Rock climbing From iRock climbing in Omis, Dalmatia
- Canyoning From iExtreme canyon of Cetina River in Omis, Dalmatia
- Canyoning From iCanyon of Cetina River in Omis, Dalmatia
The spot is beautiful and the timing we chose (Early October) was apparently the best time of year for the water levels and minimal people so that was excellent.
Très beau cadre, très naturel, l'eau est propre et claire.
Nice river and some animals.
Sieht sehr sicher und gewartet aus.
Beautiful location and meeting point was easy to find
Astonishing place. Just beautiful!!
Magnifique vu sur la rivière et les montagnes
A wonderful place in the mountain with all the trees.
Nice view and stunning nature especially in front of the cave.
Omis is a wonderful town. The zip line spot was breathtaking among wonderful scenery.
It was brilliant because it wasn’t super busy
Perfect! We weren’t in Split and they picked up to us in Omis.
Paysage magnifique, on en voudrait toujours plus !
By the Cetina River
Spot sympathique, visite de la grotte où l’eau était à 7degres. Bonne expérience.
Facile pour les débutants et très beau
The canyon in the cetina river is perfect!
Plusieurs activités proposées accessibles à tous, vivant et dynamique ! Top
Très joli, à faire
Beautiful places you otherwise would never see.
Really awesome view coming down the mountain. Breath taking and recommended to everyone!
Beautiful nature, enjoyable trip.
Beautiful, and worth it!
Stunning views. Perfect temp
Wonderful spot to see : some rapids to experience, and wonderful cave and cliff jumping
The Cetina River is the perfect spot to enjoy the true nature close to Split with various landscapes and wilderness to discover.
The nature is beautiful and since we were there all alone (no other boats) the experience got much much better.
À couper le souffle.
Cetina river is a beautiful spot for rafting
The location is beautiful, the last few ziplines over the lake are the best
Très beau, belle vue
Loved the location
Très beau paysage
We went in September. River was quite so not a lot of other boats :) nice environment. Water was a bit cold but we got wetsuits so it was fine.
Very beautiful, mountain environment, clean, transparent water, for adventurers mountain cave with ice-cold water - should it be better?
Beauitful, really lovely surroundings, clear water and very green.
Beautiful location, stunning scenery.
Possibilité d'en faire une en duo avec un qui filme
Gyönyörű helyszín, nagyszerű kikapcsolódás! Zúgók, vízesések, barlangászat, úszás, ingyenes szikla ugrási lehetőség (rock jump), evezés a folyón, jó kaland!!! Mindez kb. 4 órában...
Beautiful, envigorating waterworld paradise
Super mais assez calme
River is beautiful and fun
The spot is magnificent!
Lovely river with canyon and cave
Stunningly beautiful location
Good beginners river
A beautiful spot, completely natural and full of stunning surprises.