As the second largest city of Croatia, Split has become an extremely popular holiday destination with vacationers from around the world.
Famous for being one of the oldest cities in the area, about 1,700 years old, Split sits on the Adriatic Sea, centered on the Roman Palace of the Emperor Diocletian. In 1979, the historic centre of Split was included into the list UNSECO World Heritage Sites.
However this historical centre does not just attract sightseers, but also adventure seekers. And contrary to popular belief there are many outdoor activities that can be enjoyed around the up and coming city of Split.
Water lovers can practice sea kayaking and cliff jumping. Whereas nature enthusiasts can take part in hiking excursions on Mount Mosor, rock climbing expeditions in Omis and even canyoning adventures in Cetina River.
- Main LanguageCroatian
- Time zone
- Snorkeling From iSeabob rentals in Kaštel Kambelovac near Split
- Wakeboarding From iWakeboarding session in Split
- Stand up Paddle From iSUP excursion to the Marjan Hill near Split
- Hiking / Trekking From iHiking in Velebit National Park
- Hiking / Trekking From iHiking in the Kozjak Mountains near Split
- Via Ferrata From iVia ferrata in Čikola Canyon near Split
- Quad biking From iMountain Quad biking excursion near Split
- Zip line From iZip lining in the Kozjak Mountains near Split
- Stand up Paddle From iMarjan Park SUP Tour in Split
- Hiking / Trekking From iSecret Marjan Park Hiking tour in Split
- Hiking / Trekking From iMosor Mountain Hiking Tour from Split
- Rock climbing From iVia Ferrata in Split, Croatia
- Skydiving From iTandem skydive over Split
- Sea Kayaking From iSea kayaking excursion to Marjan Hill from Split
- Stand up Paddle From iSUP excursion in Kaštela Bay near Split
- Stand up Paddle From iSUP rentals in Kaštel Kambelovac near Split
- Quad biking From iMountain quad bike safari near Split, Croatia
- Quad biking From iPanoramic quad biking excursion near Split, Croatia
- Quad biking From iQuad biking excursion near Split, Croatia
- Stand up Paddle From iSUP lessons in Stobrec Beach, Split
- Stand up Paddle From iSUP excursions from Stobrec Beach, Split
- Stand up Paddle From iSUP rentals in Stobrec Beach, Split
- Stand up Paddle From iStand up paddle rental in Split
- Sea Kayaking From iSouthern Cliffs kayaking in Split
- Mountain bike From iMountain biking tour through Split
- Hiking / Trekking From iHiking excursion up Mosor Mountain in Split
- Rock climbing From iRock climbing excursion in Split
- Sea Kayaking From iSea kayaking tour in Split
- Quad biking From iFamily Quad biking excursion near Split
- Kayaking From iRiver kayaking down Cetina River near Split
- 4x4 From iJeep excursion in Dalmatia Zagora near Split
- Jet Ski From iJet skiing excursion in Split, Croatia
- Sea Kayaking From iSea kayaking excursions in Split, Croatia
- Stand up Paddle From iStand Up Paddle board rental in Split
- Scuba Diving From iOpen Water Diver SSI certification course in Split
- Scuba Diving From iDiscover Scuba Diving SSI in Split
- Kayaking From iCanoeing down Cetina River, Split
- Rafting From iRafting down Cetina River, Split
- Canyoning From iExtreme canyoning in Cetina River, Split
- Canyoning From iFamily friendly canyon in Cetina River, Split
- Sea Kayaking From iSea kayaking and snorkelling excursion in Brela, Croati...
- Rock climbing From iDeep water solo and cliff jumping in Split
- Sea Kayaking From iSea kayaking excursion in Split
- Rock climbing From iRock climbing in Split
- Sea Kayaking From iSea kayaking in Podstrana Bay, Croatia
- Hiking / Trekking From iHiking on Mount Mosor in Split, Croatia
- Rock climbing From iCliff jumping and deep water soloing at Kasjuni beach i...
- Canyoning From iExtreme canyon in Cetina River in Split, Croatia
- Canyoning From iFamily friendly canyon in Cetina River in Split, Croati...
Some drive to actual starting point, yet nothing to be bother about.
It is a nice spot and I liked snorkeling and cliff jumping. But i would have liked to go all the way around the peninsula instead of going back the same way we came.
Tour un peu court avec un arrêt à une plage bondée. La mer et la vue sur les îles restent très belles et nous avons eu très beau temps.
If your pulse doesn’t quicken when you zipwire from cliff face to cliff face with views of Split, across the Adriatic and also into Bosnia then i suggest you see a doctor.
La rivière est juste magnifique! Lieu pas pollué de plastique, cascades bref le rêve
Great spot for climbing. You don’t have to be very experienced to make it to the top.
The spot where we halted for an hour.. we could do snorkeling or cliff jumping. And our group was a bit enthusiastic.. so we did a lot of jumping.. and they took a lot of pictures and videos of all of it. We had parked at a quiet beach.. a little away from a more crowded one where we had the option of going. In our case everyone enjoyed the quiet beach for a while. Worked out great.
Facilities are really good. You can fill up water bottles and use toilets at both beaches we reached. Red adventure provide dry bags and lockers for safe keeping.
Nous nous attendions à une rivière un peu plus mouvementée pas mal de « plat » et les rapides sont light
If you not came from here and driving by own car it’s a bit difficult to find. A big sign on the street would be nice.
A great adventure, saw so many different scenes and landscapes, stunning.
Un des plus beaux de Croatie
The location was good with super good view
Very nice site.
BEAUTIFUL IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT! You have to go! I wish I could go to the canyon everyday!
Beautiful sea and location. Wasn't far out in the sea or deep. Perfect for beginners
gorgeous canyon with lots of waterfalls!!
Very beautiful nature and clear water
Great views of Split
Im sure it is lovely, but the weather was terrible when we went so the spot was not so great for us.
Lovely river with lots of variety and a great view.
You kayak out of the harbour and around the Marjan park which is beautiful, we stopped at a small beach that was almost private to us so that was even better. We would recommend if you go take a bottle of wine or some beers for when you stay here!
Meilleur façon de visiter
Absolutely beautiful and unlike anything like I've seen before
Incredibly beautiful location
Nice views, adrenaline kicks in
Absolutely breathtaking. The water is cold, but it feels incredible because you're in and out of it, and when you're out of the water, and the temperature outside is hot, the water is perfect for cooling off. We were worried it would be too cold but it was completely comfortable, and you have plenty of gear to keep your body warm as well!
Très très bel endroit
Five car minutes away from the city center of Split is the Park Marjan with incredible rocks to climb at. Its directly at the sea side so you can enjoy a great view during your climbing. If the weather is good, you'l have sun during the whole time.