Alpe d'huez grand domaine
Alpe d'Huez is situated in the massifs of Grande Rousses above Oisans in the northern Alps. This ski resort is located in the department of Isère, an area that boasts over 300 days (approx.) of sunshine a year, ideal for those of you looking for optimal weather conditions in both summer and winter!
The ski resort sits at an altitude of 1,860 metres; its highest summit sits at an altitude of 3,300 metres, enabling you to experience some of the most breath-taking panoramas of the region.
In winter you can take part in various ski activities such as ski-touring, freeriding and even freestyling on any one of the 136 ski slopes which is about 250 kilometres of skiing heaven!
However here there’s no need to restrict yourself to snow activities, the wealth of the natural environment also allows you to practice skydiving, paragliding and even mountain biking. There are over 68 mountain biking tracks adapted to riders of all levels.
All year round skydivers along with paragliders can enjoy the spectacular views and beautiful sun filled days thanks to the micro-climate exclusive to the area.
- Main LanguageFrench
- Time zone
- Backcountry Skiing From iBackcountry skiing day trip in Alpe d'Huez
- Microlight flying From iMicrolight first flight over Alpe d'Huez
- Ski touring From iSki touring session in Grandes Rousses, Alpe d'Huez
- Backcountry Skiing From iBackcountry skiing session in Grandes Rousses, Alpe d'H...
- Snowshoeing From iSnowshoe trip in Oisans
- Snowshoeing From iSnowshoe hike around the Lacs des Grandes Rousses in Al...
- Mountain bike From iStage de VTT de Descente à l'Alpe d'Huez
- Paragliding From iTandem paragliding flight in Alpe d'Huez
Stunning views even in clouds
Could there be a more beautiful spot from the heights of a paraglider, probably not. Absolutely beautiful.