Ariege is a department of the Pyrenees located next to Spain and Andorra, which has preserved its traditions and its authenticity in an untouched natural environment.
Much of its territory is a Regional Park since 2009. Its variety of flora and fauna is exceptional and the transhumance of sheep, cows and horses Merens is still active.
Its green landscapes unfold from the Piémont hills to higher peaks of 3000 meters, going through several mythical passes of the Tour de France. The mountains and rivers provide a perfect spot for relaxation and outdoor sports.
With over 5000 kilometers of marked trails, 300 kilometers of rivers and ten ski resorts, it is also a perfect destination for outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking, skiing, fishing or white water sports.
Ariege is a department not only known for its nature but also for its history and culture, with prehistoric caves, Cathar castles and medieval towns.
- Main LanguageFrench
- Time zone
- Nearest big cityFoix
- Mountain running From iMountain running trip in Pays Cathare
- Mountain running From iMountain running course in the Oriental Pyrenees
- Mountain bike From iDownhill mountain scooter in the Ax Valley, Ariege
- Mountain bike From iDownhill MTB in the Plateau de Beille, Ariege
- Caving From iCaving initiation in Siech, Ariege
- Rock climbing From iBouldering initiation in the Valley of Orlu, Ariege
- Rock climbing From iCliff climbing initiation in the Ax Valley, Ariege
- Canyoning From iLower Argensou canyon in Ariege
- Mountaineering From iMountaineering on the Dent d'Orlu, Ariege
- Mountain bike From iMountain biking initiation in Orlu, Ariege
- Via Ferrata From iVia Ferrata of Vicdessos, Ariege
- Caving From iCaving excursion in Vicdessos, Ariege
- Rock climbing From iGuided multi-pitch climbing in the Ax Valley, Ariege
- Canyoning From iMarc Canyon in the Vicdessos valley, Ariege
- Mountaineering From iBeginner mountaineering on the Gentianes ridge, Ariege
- Mountain running From iMountain running discovery course in Ariege
- Canyoning From iCanyon of Marc in Haute-Ariege
- Canyoning From iArtigue Canyon in Ariege
- Caving From iTraversée Souterraine dans le Massif d'Arbas
- Caving From iSpéléologie dans la Grotte de Siech, Saurat
- Caving From iSpéléologie au Gouffre de Peillot, Cazavet
- Caving From iSpéléologie et Bivouac Souterrain dans le Gouffre de Pe...
- Paragliding From iTandem paragliding over Bélesta in Ariege
- Paragliding From iTandem paragliding near Foix in Ariege
- Hydrospeed From iHydrospeed down the Ariege in Foix
- Paragliding From iStage de Perfectionnement au Parapente à Foix, près de...
- Paragliding From iStage Initiation de Parapente à Foix, près de Toulouse
- Paragliding From iBaptême de Parapente à Foix, près de Toulouse
- Paragliding From iTandem Paragliding flight in Foix near Toulouse
- Ski touring From iSki touring progression in Ax Valley, Ariege Pyrenees
- Dog sledding From i2D/1N Snowshoeing and mushing excursion in Ariege near...
- Ski touring From iSki touring initiation in Ax-les-Thermes, Ariege
- Snowshoeing From iSnowshoeing trip and night in an igloo in Monts d'Olmes...
- Mountaineering From iWinter mountaineering initiation in Vallée d'Ax, Ariege...
- Backcountry skiing From iBackcountry skiing progression in Ax Valley, Ariege Pyr...
- Backcountry skiing From iBackcountry skiing initiation in Ax Valley, Ariege Pyre...
- Dog sledding From iMushing and snowshoeing excursion in Ariege near Foix
- Snowshoeing From iSnowshoeing excursions in Ax-les-Thermes, Ariege
- Mountain bike From iEvening fat biking excursions in Ax 3 Domaines, Ariege
- Canyoning From iCanyoning course ICOpro in Ariege
- Via Ferrata From iMulti-activity package in Ariège - Canyoning, Climbing,...
- Caving From i2 day caving adventure in Ariege with underground bivou...
- Rock climbing From iRock climbing in Quie de Sisnat and Dent d'Orlu in Arie...
- Mountaineering From iMountaineering in Arête Ouest du Petit Rulhe and Dent d...
- Mountaineering From iWinter mountaineering in the Pyrenees
- Ice climbing From iIce climbing initiation in Soulcem Valley, Pyrenees
- Ski touring From iSki touring day trip in Haute Ariege
Rien à dire.