Hendaye is a French Basque city located in the extreme south west of France, right next to the Spanish border. Popular for its seaside resorts, Hendaye is also known for housing some of the longest beaches of the region.
Hendaye is essentially known for being THE French spot for water sports. Its uniqueness is that it is particularly safe especially for beginners. This is due to the fact that the waves are not very big nor are they very powerful compared to the other surfing, bodyboarding and SUP spots of the Basque Coast.
Good to know: if a swell is smaller than 1 metre and lasts for less than 6 to 7 seconds then the spot will not have waves powerful enough for you to practice surfing, bodyboarding or any other wave based water sports.
If you find yourself at Hendaye when the water is rather flat, not to worry there are many other extreme sports activities that you practice thanks to the mountainous terrains. You could take part in mountain biking excursions, downhill scooter excursions, rafting, canyoning and so much more!
One thing is for sure, if you’re ever visitng Hendaye you’ll never find yourself short of things to do!
- Main LanguageFrench
- Time zone
- Nearest big cityBayonne
- Stand up Paddle From iStand Up Paddle excursion in Plage d´Hendaye
- Surfing From iPrivate and semiprivate surfing lessons in Hendaye
- Surfing From iGroup surfing lessons in Hendaye from San Sebastian
- Surfing From iCours et Stage de Surf à Hendaye
- Surfing From iSurfing lessons in Hendaye: advanced surfers
- Stand up Paddle From iStand Up Paddle lessons and strolls in Hendaye
- Surfing From iSurfing lessons in Hendaye: beginners or intermediate s...
- Scuba Diving From iScuba diving PADI courses in Hendaye
- Freediving From iPADI Freediving initiation in Hendaye
- Flyboard / Hoverboard From iFlysurf in Hendaye
- Jet Skiing From iJetski excursion in Hendaye
- Mountain bike From iDescente en Trottinette Tout Terrain à proximité d'Hend...
- Surfing From iSurfing Lessons in Hendaye
Spot magnifique très belle vue.
Au top petites et grosses vagues au choix, selon son niveau.
Très bien adapte aux besoins
Hendaye super plage
Le cadre était a couper le souffle, la descente bien équipéee
Great spot - waves were good and there were plenty of them
Bien pour débuter le surf. Petites vagues régulières pas trop puissantes.