Backcountry and steep slope skiing in the Haute Alps department in winter and rock climbing, ice-climbing and mountaineering in summer
Fed up with traditional ski resorts? Looking for a new adventure to get the adrenaline pumping? Well look no further! La Grave located in the Haute Alps department is famous for being the only ski station in France that offers backcountry and steep slope skiing, snowboarding and mountain and ice climbing.
La Grave, dominated by La Meije Mountain is a celebrity within its own right. It has staked its claim as an escape for advanced level backcountry skiers looking to break away from typical ski resorts. Renowned for its authentic architecture (specific to the region) and often referred to as the kingdom of stone, La Grave is a retreat for quiet holidaymakers and thrill seekers alike.
Locals are proud of having conserved the secluded area as a picturesque historical village. It is hailed as one of the most exciting backcountry ski terrains in the world; its uniqueness is due to the fact that despite there are no groomed slopes, skiers can still use a small cable-car to climb up. For the more daring among you, La Grave also boasts some of the best ski-touring itineraries, including the renowned "Tour de la Meije".
In both summer and winter, La Grave proposes numerous rock-climbing, ice-climbing and mountaineering routes.
- Main LanguageFrench
- Time zone
- Nearest big cityGrenoble
- Snowshoeing From iGuided Snowshoe Hike in La Meije, La Grave
- Backcountry Skiing From iBackcountry skiing in La Grave
- Backcountry Skiing From iFamily friendly freeriding tour in La Grave
- Backcountry Skiing From iFreeride skiing day tours in La Grave
- Backcountry Skiing From iBackcountry skiing day tour in La Grave
- Backcountry Skiing From iBackcountry skiing day trip in Meije Valley, La Grave s...
- Snowkiting From iSnowkiting in Col du Lautaret