La tranche sur mer
Sitting opposite the splendid Île de Ré, you’ll find the well-known seaside resort of La Tranche sur Mer.
The seaside resort situated in the Vendée department attracts up to 100,000 tourists a year, and it isn’t difficult to guess why. The long powder white beach stretches over 13 km; this alone is enough to attract board sports lovers. Add 5 spectacular spots that can be adapted to beginners, experts and everyone in between and you’ve got a destination that can be listed among the top water sports spots in France.
However, this spot is much more than a simple hangout for surfers, its versatility appeals to many wind sports enthusiasts. At La Tranche sur Mer you can also practice slalom and freeriding.
In summer kitesurfers can enjoy the thermal winds that blow between 15 – 20 knots (maybe even 25 knots on a good day). The morning winds are usually weaker, which is why experts advise you to wait until the afternoon. You will also find a lake of 6 hectares perfectly adapted for kitesurfing novices.
In winter however, the western winds can reach up to 35 knots – this is fantastic for experienced kitesurfers.
- Main LanguageFrench
- Time zone
- Nearest big cityLa Rochelle
- Skateboarding From iCours de Skate à La Tranche sur Mer
- Surfing From iLeçons de Surf à La Tranche-sur-Mer
- Stand up Paddle From iStand up paddle rental in La Tranche sur Mer
- Stand up Paddle From iStand up paddle sessions in La Tranche sur Mer
- Windsurfing From iBeginners Windsurfing courses in La Tranche sur Mer
- Surfing From iStage de surf à la Tranche sur Mer
- Surfing From iCours de surf à la Tranche Sur Mer
- Surfing From iPrivate surfing lessons and coaching in Longeville-sur-...
- Surfing From iBeginner surfing lessons in Longeville-sur-Mer
- Surfing From iSurfing course in Longeville sur Mer
- Surfing From iTeen Surf camp in Longeville-sur-Mer
La Tranche-sur-Mer is awash with amazing beaches. The stretch of beach Koa surf school is on is no exception though watch out for jellyfish. There were lots of them when we visited in June.
Difficile de juger sur une seule journée mais pour nous les conditions étaient au RDV