Prades is a town located in the Eastern Pyrenees, in southwestern France. It is only 40 km from the Pyrenes and 40 km from the city of Perpignan.
During your stay, take time to discvoer the rich cultural heritage of this charming Catalan town. Its main attraction is the beautiful church of Saint Peter of Prades. It was built in the 17th century on the foundations of a roman church. Several abbeys of Roman architecture all around the town are also worth visiting.
Ptades is located nearby the Catalan Pyrenees Regional Natural Park. Here, you will find the Canigou mountain, national symbol of Catalonia, where stands the abbey of Saint Martin of Canigou. Its summit is at an altitude of 2,785 metres and offers a breathtaking view over the Roussillon plateau. In summer, hikers with little experience can climb the mountain, parting from the Cortalets refuge.
In addition to the numerous hiking and rafting spots, Prades is mainly famous for the canyoning spots located all around the town in the heart of the rivers.
The Gorges du Llech are the perfect place if you have an advanced sport level. Canyon Llech counts 21 waterfalls that you will cross using giant natural water slides (the "washing machine", the "S" or the impressive "surprise"), abseils (6, 12 and 15 meters) and jumps (up to 9 meters), all in a stunning natural setting. It isTHE canyoning excursion not to be missed in the Eastern Pyrenees!
The canyon of Molitg les Bains is an introduction to canyoning for everyone, so feel free to invite your friends or come with your family. It is playful and very accessible, and young and old will be delighted with the many natural slides, jumps of 6 metres high and small abseiling up to 10 metres. Surrounded by nature, the River Castellane dug this canyon in the granite over time, allowing access in 5 minutes to magnificent Gorges which you will discover as you arrive at the end of your your canyoning adventure in Molitg les Bains.
Come discover Prades and its wonderful surrounding landscapes for a trip filled with lots of thrills!
- Main LanguageFrench
- Time zone
- Nearest big cityPerpignan
- Canyoning From iCanyon of Molitg in Molitg-les-Bains, Castellane river
- Canyoning From iGorges du Llech canyon in the Pyrenees
- Canyoning From iHot spring canyon of Thuès-les-Bains near Prades
- Canyoning From iDiscovery canyon of Castellane in Molitg-les-Bains
- Canyoning From iCanyon of Molitg-Les-Bains, near Prades
- Canyoning From iSporty canyoning in Gorges of Taurinya, near Prades
- Canyoning From iCanyon of Gorges du Llech, near Prades
- Canyoning From iSporty canyon of Gorges du Llech, near Prades
- Canyoning From iCanyoning at Gorges du Llech, near Prades
- Hydrospeed From iTubing gear rental in River Tet, Prades, Eastern Pyrene...
- Canyoning From iHot spring canyon of Thuès-Entre-Valls
- Canyoning From iLlech canyon near Prades, Eastern Pyrenees
Site exceptionnel dans un cadre exceptionnel
Super top !!! À refaire