The Eastern Pyrenees are located at the eastern end of the emblematic mountain range. The French spot has become a favourite for extreme sports enthusiasts offering many activities that are a must for thrill-seekers who want to explore the mountainous terrains.
With over more than 10 ski resorts in the area, skiers and snowboarders can try out as many slopes as they desire and access amazing backcountry runs. Ski touring and snowshoeing itineraries are splendid and allow you to discover wild unexplored parts of the mountain. Some of them can be quite physically challenging as the highest peak reaches (le Carlit) reaches 2921m!
A mecca for nature lovers, the Easter Pyrenees can also be enjoyed trekking or hiking. A famous hike is the discovery of the famous Mont Canigou (2.786m), which dominates the surroundings. At its highest point, you’ll have picture-perfect panoramic views over the Mediterranean Sea.
In the summertime, travellers looking for adrenaline-charged activities can also experience great canyoning outings in the Eastern Pyrenees, such as the renowned day trip of Les Anelles, a gorge filled with natural water slides and abseiling heights that will put the most adventurous wanderers on edge.
For those who look to combine daring experiences with relaxation, you’ll be pleased to learn that the Eastern Pyrenees also propose great thermal waters resorts and natural hot water springs such as in Thuès-Entre-Valls. What a better way to relax after a busy day in the canyons or up the peaks?
- Time zone
- Snowshoeing From iRaquettes à Neige et Nuit en Igloo à Mont Louis, près d...
- Ski touring From iSki touring week-end in the Pyrénées (leaving from Toul...
- Canyoning From iIntermediate canyon of Gorges du Llech in the Eastern P...
- Via Ferrata From iPanoramic Via Ferrata of Saint Paul de Fenouillet
- Rock climbing From iCliff rock-climbing in Eastern Pyrenees
- Backcountry Skiing From iBackcountry skiing day trip in the Eastern Pyrenees
Beautiful place but because of being hurried could not enjoy as much