Val d'isère, espace killy
Val d'Isère is a ski resort in the Savoie department that sits right next door to the Italian border. The ski areas of Val d'Isère and Tignes form the Espace Killy, named after the triple Olympic Champion Jean-Claude Killy who grew up in the commune.
For winter sports the resort is usually open from the end of November to the beginning of May. In Val d'Isère there are a variety of ski slopes, however, the vast majority of them are reserved for experienced skiers, as their difficulty level is very high. You can also find many backcountry skiing areas, for adventurers who would like to try another facet of this snow sport.
The resort hosts many competitions: FIS Alpine World Ski Championships 2009 and 1992 Albertville Olympic Winter Games were both held here.
In this resort, skiing is an all year round sport thanks to the glacier, Pissaillas Glacier. Summer or winter – you can enjoy the stunning landscapes and impressive local architecture whenever you like.
In summer you can also find events like: the Iserane cycle event, the High Trail Vanoise race, the Electric Motor show and many more.
- Main LanguageFrench
- Time zone
- Ski touring From iSki touring day trip in Val d'Isère
- Backcountry Skiing From iBackcountry skiing and snowboarding day trip in Val d'I...
- Snowshoeing From iSnowshoeing excursions in Val d'Isère
- Ski touring From iSki touring in Val d'isère, Espace Killy
- Backcountry Skiing From iBackcountry skiing in Val d'isère, Espace Killy
- Speedriding From iSpeedriding course in Val d'Isère
- Speedriding From iSpeedriding tandem flight in Val d'Isère
- Speedriding From iSolo speedriding initiation in Val d'Isère
- Ski touring From iSki touring in Val d'Isere
- Backcountry Skiing From iBackcountry skiing in Val d'Isere
Très progressif on apprend sans se faire peur, et on a envie de recommencer infiniment.
Très sécurisant et accessible, on prend du plaisir des le premier run sans se faire peur.
Very progressive spot, with different types of runs depending of your level.
Itinéraire génial mais manque de neige fraiche. Parcours adapté aux conditions!
Val D'Isere offers huge piste skiing and off piste options - a long time favourite for me. Great town, nice hotels, good night life.