Vars, la forêt blanche
Vars is a French commune and ski resort situated in the Hautes Alpes that is joined to the resort of Risoul. The 2 resorts make up the vicinity of Forêt Blanche; 185 kilometres of skiable area and 118 different slopes.
The Vars snow park is accessible to snow enthusiast of all levels. The park contains over 50 features that can be enjoyed by beginners and experts alike. The Varspark, and more specifically the Eyssina park hosts international competitions, thanks to its high level features that could easily be used in the Olympic Games or the X-games.
Vars can also be explored in summer, as the resort proposes a great range of downhill MTB excursions. The 100 km trails can be accessed using the ski lifts.
The area around Vars also offers many activities such as white water sports, canyoning and rafting
- Main LanguageFrench
- Time zone
- Nearest big cityNice
- Freestyle snowboarding From iKids snowboard lessons in Vars
- Backcountry snowboarding From iFreeride snowboard lessons in Vars
- Freestyle snowboarding From iFreestyle snowboard lessons in Vars
- Backcountry snowboarding From iFreeride and freestyle snowboard sessions in Vars
- Rock climbing From iIntroduction to cliff climbing near Vars
- Hiking / Trekking From iFull day hiking in the Hautes Alpes
- Mountain bike From iEnduro mountain bike session in Vars
- Snowmobiling From iSnowmobile excursion in Vars
- Ice Climbing From iIce fall climbing courses near Briançon