With its outstanding landscapes and lush greenery, it’s no surprise that Reykjavik has become one of the most popular northern tourist destinations. As capital of Iceland, it is often seen as the heart of the cultural, economic and governmental activity.
Tourists are often attracted to the island’s volcanic backdrops and rugged but luxuriant vegetation, and what better way to see the nature up close than with quad excursions. Thanks to these unique vehicles you can easily travel across the jagged terrains and access Mother Nature’s hidden wonders – and in Iceland there are so many to see.
One of the most famous attractions is located close to the centre of Hafnarfjörður. Here you’ll find the extraordinary solfatara fields of Krýsuvík, where you can see a range of steaming volcanic vents and boiling hot springs, surrounded by brightly coloured hills. You can visit this area using a fatbike, the innovative wheels of the bikes enable you explore all year round, so you’re not limited to a specific season. Discover Iceland in all its stunning winter glory as well as its breath-taking summer panoramas.
Despite being a northern country, the temperatures rarely drop lower than -15°C in winter and hardly ever exceed 20°C in summer, giving the island a fairly mild atmosphere.
For those of you who prefer to fly in the open air as free as a bird, don’t worry there’s plenty to keep you occupied too. You can try a glider adventure or opt for an aircraft that you may even be able to fly for yourself!
- Main LanguageIcelandic
- Time zone
- Quad biking From iQuad Biking Day Trip on South Coast from Reykjavík
- Snowmobile From iSnowmobile Day Trip on South Coast from Reykjavík
- Glacier hiking From iGlacier Walk Day Trip to Sólheimajökull from Reykjavík
- 4x4 From i4x4 Glacier and Lava Caves Tour near Reykjavik
- 4x4 From iSuper Jeep Excursion and Glacier Walk to Eyjafjallajöku...
- 4x4 From i4x4 Northern Lights Safari near Reykjavik
- Hiking / Trekking From iFimmvörðuháls Hike
- Glacier hiking From iGlacier Walk & Northern Lights
- Hiking / Trekking From iNorthern Lights & Ice Cave Tour
- Hiking / Trekking From iVolcano and Lava Cave Hike from Reykjavik
- Caving From iLava Cave Walk Outside Reykjavík
- Kayaking From iKayak in Sólheimajökull Glacier Lagoon
- Glacier hiking From iGlacier Walk on Sólheimajökull and Intro Ice Climb
- Glacier hiking From iGlaicer Walk on Sólheimajökull Glacier With Transport
- Sailing From iNorthern Lights Cruise in Akureyri
- Sailing From iNorthern Lights Cruise in Reykjavík
- Wildlife expedition From iClassic Whale Watching Reykjavík
- Helicopter From iHelicopter flight and landing on Langjökull glacier in...
- Helicopter From iHelicopter flight and landing on Vatnajökull glacier la...
- Helicopter From iAdventure helicopter flight to Eyjafjallajökull volcano...
- Helicopter From iScenic helicopter flight and glacier hike in Iceland
- Helicopter From iVolcano sightseeing helicopter tour and landing in Icel...
- Helicopter From iEssential Iceland sightseeing helicopter tour
- Helicopter From iHelicopter flight and landing in Þórsmörk Nature Reserv...
- Helicopter From iFire & Ice helicopter flight with crater and glacier la...
- Helicopter From iScenic helicopter flight and landing on Þórisjökull gla...
- Helicopter From iGolden Circle helicopter flight and landing in Þingvell...
- Helicopter From iVolcanic helicopter flight and crater landing in the Re...
- Helicopter From iHappy hour helicopter flight and summit landing in Reyk...
- Helicopter From iScenic helicopter flight and landing at the Hengill geo...
- Helicopter From iScenic helicopter flight and summit landing in Reykjavi...
- Stand up Paddle From iCity SUP Tours in Reykjavik
- Caving From iCaving in the Raufarhólshellir lava tunnel near Reykjav...
- Helicopter From iColours of Iceland Helicopter Tour from Reykjavik
- Helicopter From iGolden Circle Helicopter Tour from Reykjavik
- Helicopter From iFire & Ice Helicopter Tour from Reykjavik
- Surfing From iSurfing lessons near Reykjavik
- Stand up Paddle From iSunset SUP excursion in Reykjavík
- Stand up Paddle From iSUP fjord excursion near Reykjavik
- Snorkeling From iSnorkelling in Silfra and Golden Circle hike near Reykj...
- Snorkeling From iSnorkeling in Silfra near Reykjavik
- Caving From iCaving at Leiðarendi, near Reykjavik
- Snowmobile From iNorthern Lights snowmobile excursion in Iceland
- Snowmobile From iMidnight Sun snowmobile excursion in Langjokull from Re...
- Snowmobile From iInto and Above the Glacier snowmobile excursion: Reykja...
- Snowmobile From iSnowmobile excursion to Langjokull Glacier from Reykjav...
- Sailing From iNorthern Lights boat trip from Reykjavik
- Wildlife expedition From iWhale watching excursion from Reykjavik
- Snorkeling From iGeothermal snorkeling in Lake Kleifarvat near Reykjavik
- Snorkeling From iSilfra Rift snorkeling excursion from Reykjavik
- Mountain bike From iHeli-biking down Hengill Volcano, Reykjavik
- Fat Biking From iFatbiking in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Mountain bike From iMountain Bike multi day-trips in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Mountain bike From iMountain biking excursions in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Scenic Flights From iAircraft adventure flight over Reykjavík
- Scenic Flights From iGlider adventure flight in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Paragliding From iSouth coast adventure & paragliding combo day tour from...
- Paragliding From iTandem paragliding flight over Reykjavík, Iceland
- Quad biking From iQuad biking from Reykjavik, Iceland
The national park is one of the most beautiful places I’ve been. Seeing the edge of the North American plate and all the fissures the drifting has caused was incredible. The area where we snorkelled was crystal clear and we could see very far down because the light carried with ease.
Kind of difficult to find.
Easy to find and gave sea sickness tablets which was a really nice touch.
Grotta, Reykjavik. We didn't get the best weather and it was cloudy so we didn't see the sunset, but it was still fun.
Nice Spot because we did see whales!