The Tonale Pass is a mountain pass at the border of Trentino and Lombardy, and surrounded by incredible mountain chains: the Adamello-Presanella alps, the Brenta Dolomites and the Rheatian Alps!
The Pass has become over the years a famous vacation destination, thanks to the beauty of its nature and the mountain villages of Ponte di Legno and Temù which offer many leisures to visitors and families.
The Tonale Pass is part of the Adamello Ski area, one of the most diverse mountain resorts in Italy. With the configurations of a natural amphitheatre,The Tonale Pass offers the best ski and snow conditions throughout the entire winter season.
The skiable domain rises from 1884 m up to the Presanella Glacier at 3100 meters! The variety of the mountain terrain combined with abundance of snow opens countless perfect opportunities for freeride lovers and backcountry skiing! In order to allow adventure seekers to live the off piste world, it's possible to have a special skipass that grants access only to the lifts necessary to reach freeride and backcountry routes.
During the summer, the Tonale Pass offers incredibly beautiful hiking trails and possibilities for mountain bike excursions in the Adamello Bike Arena. The Adamello Bike Arena is al paradise for mountain bikers. With over than 20 trails over a distance of 500 kilometres along both sides of Passo Tonale, Val Camonica (Lombardy) and Val di Sole (Trentino).
Additionally the Tonale Pass offers a wide range of rock climbing possibilities on limestone mountain faces, ranging from 4b routes up to 8a.
- Main LanguageItalian
- Time zone
- Nearest big cityBrescia
- Backcountry Skiing From iAdvanced backcountry skiing in Tonale Pass
- Ice Climbing From iIce climbing in Tonale Pass
- Backcountry Skiing From iBackcountry skiing day in Tonale Pass
- Ski touring From iSki Touring Pisgana Day in Tonale Pass
- Snowshoeing From iSnowshoeing excursion in Tonale Pass
- Snowshoeing From iSnowshoeing night excursion in Tonale Pass
- Backcountry Skiing From iMountain safety course in Tonale Pass
- Ski touring From iSki Touring initiation in Tonale Pass