Ericeira is not only a charming fishing harbor located 40 minutes outside of Lisbon, but it is also a seaside resort regarded as one of the best surfing spots in Europe.
Due to its exceptional location, where high cliffs are nestled next to little sandy coves, Ericeira is a popular destination for surfers from around the world.
Every year since 1985, the beach of Ribeira d'Ilhas has hosted the World Tour Surf Championship. In 2011, the coastline of Ericeira was chosen by the global organization, Save the Waves, to be one of the World Surfing Reserves, making Ericeira the first European city to be designated.
The wide variety of the waves implies different levels of difficulty and thus provides excellent conditions to practice surf, of course, but also other board sports such as bodyboarding, windsurfing, paragliding, for professionals and amateurs. Ericeira is the perfect European spot for beginners and experienced adrenaline hunters looking for good weather, consistent surf and a fun time.
Portugal is a wonderful holiday destination, full of diverse fauna and flora. From towering mountains, vast open plains, large sandy beaches to rugged coastlines, this country has it all. Some of these places are true sanctuaries that have remained unchanged since the beginning of time and are favorable to the development of nature exclusive to this area.
Trekking, hiking and mountain biking lovers must visit Ericeira, as it's the ideal place to go!
- Main LanguagePortuguese
- Time zone
- Mountain bike From iMountain biking tour to Mafra Palace from Ericeira
- Mountain bike From iMountain biking cliff top tour in the Ericeira World Su...
- Stand up Paddle From iSUP lesson in Ericeira, Portugal
- Surfing From iSurf camp in Ericeira near Lisbon
- Surfing From iSurfing lessons in Ericeira, Portugal
- Surfing From iSurf & stay package in Ericeira, Portugal
- Surfing From i5 day surf camp in Ericeira, Portugal
- Surfing From iSurf camp in Ericeira, Portugal
Amazing sightseeing across the different surfspots as well as some good mtb single trail routes.
Wow what a spot beautiful beaches and fantastic countryside
Beautiful clean beach. Pretty ricky but they give u boots