Averaging temperatures of 23.3 degrees with peaks of up to 31 degrees during summer, Alicante, also known as The Sun City, is a well-known for its beaches, gastronomy, multiple archeological sites and cultural places.
Alicante, the capital city of the province with the same name, is one of the most important cities of the Valencian Community, both because of its historical background and as one of the most attractive spots in all Europe.
With one of the longest and warmest coastlines in the Mediterranean coast of Spain, Alicante’s outdoor activities offer involves beaches in most cases. Alicante’s 200 kilometers of the coast is known as Costa Blanca and starts north in Denia all the way south to Pilar de la Horadada. Alicante and the Costa Blanca are famous for their endless sandy beaches but you can also bring out your inner daredevil or take to the skies to see this beautiful region of sunny Spain in a new light.
The warm waters and sheltered bay are perfect for you to discover the world that lies underwater. At Tabarca Island a mysterious world awaits you and it’s a perfect place for scuba diving with water temperatures varying from around 14 degrees in the winter to about 24 degrees in the summer and a great visibility of 20 to 25 meters.
Also benefiting from the warm weather, adventurers can engage in beautiful and relaxing kayaking or SUP excursions in almost any of the beaches of the area. If what you are looking for is a more intense and exciting activity then head to Denia or Javea and take part of a jet ski tour in which you’ll be able to let your wild side come out.
Why not feel like Iron Man for a bit while flyboarding or hoverboarding? Spots like Altea have centers that provide this rather new way to experience the ocean. Near Denia you can find another coastal town, Moraira, where you will find one of the best parasailing centers in the region, and if you head to Benidorm, you’ll find one of the best spots for wakeboarding in Spain.
Once you’ve had enough of the sun, sand, and beaches or if you are looking for a less crowded experience you can go inland and experience the amazing Castillo de Salvatierra or El Figueret via ferratas and get a privileged view of the mountains. You could also explore the incredibly beautiful yet adrenaline inducing Barranco del Mela or the Gorgos de la Escalera during a canyoning experience.
- Main LanguageSpanish
- Time zone
- Nearest big cityAlicante
- Via Ferrata From iVia Ferrrata in Villena near Alicante
- Via Ferrata From iVia Ferrrata in Xorret del Catí near Alicante
- Canyoning From iCanyoning in Estret de les Penyes near Alicante
- Canyoning From iCanyoning in Mela near Alicante
- Sea Kayaking From iKayaking in Altea, Alicante
- Coasteering From iCoasteering in Villajoyosa, Alicante
- Canyoning From iCanyoning at Estret de les Penyes Gorge in Alicante
- Canyoning From iCanyoning at Barranco de Mela Gorge in Alicante
- Jet Skiing From iJet Ski excursion to Isla Tabarca
- Jet Skiing From iJet Ski excursions to Santa Barbara Castle from Playa S...
- Jet Skiing From iGuided Jet Ski Excursion in Playa Postiguet
- Caving From iCaving in the Cave of Sarsa in Alicante
- Canyoning From iCoasteering in Alicante
- Paragliding From iTandem paragliding in Santa Pola near Alicante
- Paragliding From iTandem paragliding over Alicante from Santa Pola
- Paragliding From iTandem paragliding in Sierra Cortina, Benidorm
- Paragliding From iTandem paragliding in Santa Pola, Alicante
- Paragliding From iTandem paragliding in Agost, Alicante
- Bungee Jumping From iRope swinging in Villena (35m) near Alicante
- Via Ferrata From iVia ferrata El Figueret in Alicante
- Via Ferrata From iVia ferrata Castillo de Salvatierra in Alicante
- Canyoning From iCanyoning Gorgo de la Escalera in Alicante
- Canyoning From iCanyoning Barranco del Mela in Alicante
Beautiful scenery, we even stayed longer to enjoy the breathtaking sunset.
Le spot est vraiment beau, très agréable à faire lorsqu’il fait chaud
Tout était parfait
Très joli spot avec une très joli vu depuis le sommet.
Très joli, superbe vue sur toute la région une fois au sommet, approche et retour sympas aussi. Pas de tyrolienne ni de pont de singe, uniquement échelles scellées dans le rocher et descente en rappel en fin de parcours. Très belle via néanmoins.
Le spot etait tout simplement splendide, nos yeux se sont régalés !
Belle balade dans le lit de la rivière qui passe de paisible à plus sauvage au moment des descente en rappel
Perfect spot and beautiful canyon!
Beautiful canyoning, very safe, clean, not too many people
The environment was amazing!!
Très beau canyonne. C'était vraiment sympa. À faire
Le décor était magnifique : cascade, verdure,...