- Niveau sportifConfirmé
- Langues parléesanglais, italien, afrikaans
- Durée> 1 sem.
- Saisons d'ouverture:
Description de l'activité
The sardine run has been described many ways: a feeding freenzy, a natural masterpiece...yet words not suffice to capture the feeling of watching so many creatures feasting on thousands of sardines!
Around June each year, word gets out along the KwaZulu-Natal coast that the sardines have arrived. They’ve swum for more than 30 days from their spawning ground in the Cape to reach South Africa's east coast. Scores of fishermen join the sharks, game fish, marine mammals and birds that gorge themselves on the shimmering band of silver fish.
Why large shoals of sardines swim to the KwaZulu-Natal coast during the winter months remains a mystery. And yet each year it's the same: starting in May, millions of small, shiny fish make the one-way journey from the cold waters of the Cape to the warmer tides of KwaZulu-Natal, coloring the shoreline silver as they convene close to the coast.
During the 7 day trip you will enjoy full days of action on the Sardine run. Each morning after breakfast you'll hit the open sea for a full day of searching for bait balls and to enjoy the abundance of marine activity!
After witnessing one of the most impressive displays of nature in all its glory, each day you'll finish in mid afternoon and then evenings will be enjoyed at the resort so you can replenish your energy and start again the next morning.
→ Vous êtes automatiquement remboursés à 100%
2) Si vous annulez entre 30 jours et 10 jours avant le départ de l’activité
→ Vous serez éligible à un remboursement partiel de 50%
3) Si vous annulez 10 jours ou moins avant le début de l’activité
→ Aucun remboursement ne sera possible
Mbotyi River Lodge
The Wild Coast’s leading seaside hotel offers a range of accommodation options for couples, groups, or families. Guests can enjoy a comfortable 3 star hotel experience at this wonderfully remote Wild Coast resort. Their bedrooms all have a private balcony or patio to enjoy the wonderful views whether it is of the sea, the lagoon or valley. The rooms are comfortable and have fantastic views of the beach, river and Indian Ocean.
The Itinerary for Every day except the day you leave and arrive
- 6am: Breakfast
- 7am: Ready to Surf Launch
- 12pm: Lunch on the Boat (or back on land) (Fruit, Fruit Juice and Water freely available on the boat)
- 3pm: Back at the Resort depending on weather conditions
- 4pm: Tour to Waterfall or Microlight tour. Other options: Relaxing by the pool, kayaking in the river, walks on the beach, drinks in the Pub, play games in the game room.
- 6/7pm: Dinner and Drinks in the Pub. On your last night you'll have a huge South African traditional Braai with your fellow divers with traditional African dancing or BandPré-requis
For taking part in this activity you must be an advanced and certified diver.Conditions particulières
Please contact the instructor after booking for arranging the pick-up service.
Il est interdit de prendre l'avion dans les 18h à 24h suivant une plongée.
- Pick-up at airport (to be arranged with instructor)
- Transportation from hotel to the activity's spot
- Diver permits
- Additional personal expenses
- Personal diving gear