- Niveau sportifDébutant
- Langues parléesanglais
- Durée2 h 30
- Saisons d'ouverture:
Description de l'activité
Experience a Tarzan style adventure of sliding through the forest on a 2 ½ hour canopy tour. Soak in the unequalled beauty of Magaliesberg Mountain range. while traversing 30 metres above the forest floor.
The tour consists of about a kilometre long “foefie” slide divided up into separate slides of various lengths. Slides are joined together by platforms built high on the cliff faces of the 2,500-year-old Magaliesberg mountain range. Slides of up to 140m long provide unforgettable rides and spectacular views.
The experience begins with a briefing session at the Canopy Tour office where you will be tutored on the do's and don'ts during the tour. You will also be kitted out with your harness, pulley, and safety helmet and sliding gloves, this is the opportunity to ask any questions you may have to your guide. After the briefing session you will be transported to the first platform where your adventure begins. As you take off on the first slide you will find yourself entering an enchanting new world where you become one with your natural surroundings.
Enjoy the adrenaline of the slides, or spend a couple of minutes relaxing while your guides enthusiastically explain the ecology of your surroundings. Trained canopy guides ensure the safety of each group while describing interesting facts about the surrounding environment and pointing out bird and plant species.
Safety is priority and the system has been built to the highest civil engineering standards. All equipment is state of the art and guides are fully trained.
A maximum of 8 people are taken per group but larger group bookings can be accommodated.
→ Vous êtes automatiquement remboursés à 100%
2) Si vous annulez entre 10 jours et 4 jours avant le départ de l’activité
→ Vous serez éligible à un remboursement partiel de 50%
3) Si vous annulez 4 jours ou moins avant le début de l’activité
→ Aucun remboursement ne sera possible
Winter times (from 1 May to 31 August) are from 07h30 to 15h30
Summer times (from 1 September to 30 April) are from 06h30 to 16h30
The tour takes about 2.5 – 3 hours to complete. Person’s aged from 4 to 70 can take part. Please arrive 20-30 minutes before the tour time. Your guides will not be able to wait for guests that arrive late.
The Experience Package for R200 per package includes the following:
· Group Video (of the whole group on the time slot)
· Pictures (of the whole group on the time slot)
· 1 x Personal video (a clip of only 1 person sliding, includes drone and GoPro footage)
· All of the above is saved on a 8 GIG USB device
Additional Personal videos can be bought at R50pp (Children's video's will be sent to a parents mobile number or email address).
A Facebook link will be sent to the receiver of the personal video within 24 hours to share with their friends.
All bags, rug-sack, cell phones, keys or any other loose items are to be left in the car or in the office (at own risk).
- No cooler boxes with food or beverages are allowed onto the licensed premises.
- Self service restaurant and bar facilities are available on the licensed premises.
- Canopy guests are welcome to make use of the hotel’s cold pool. Please bring your own towel. All other facilities are to be paid for at the Hotel Reception.
- In cases of inclement weather conditions, tours will be rescheduled.
- Indemnities are signed during the briefing.
- A guardian must sign for any persons under 21.
- NO Pregnant women are allowed to partake in the canopy tours.
Magaliesberg Canopy Tour is located at the Sparkling Waters Hotel premises. Approximately 1.5 - 2 hours travelling time from Johannesburg and Pretoria. 30km from Rustenburg and 75km from Magaliesburg. Please use Sparkling Waters Hotel road signs.
- Light meal
- Transfers to and from the site
- All necessary equipment
- Mineral water
- 2 expert guides
- Comfortable clothes: jeans, knee shorts or capri pants and t-shirts with short sleeves
- Closed shoes: tekkies or rocky sandals (no flip flops or plakkies)
- Sunglasses can be worn (have to fit firmly on the face)