- Niveau sportifIntermédiaire
- Langues parléesislandais, anglais
- Durée1 jour
Description de l'activité
In one word... AWESOME!
This is like your favourite Disney World ride, but without a seatbelt! And just like that ride, you don't need any previous rafting experience to discover for yourself why the East Glacial River has become Iceland's signature white-water rafting trip. The reason Viking Rafting are experienced professionals is so that you don't have to be, but if you're scared of getting wet and don't enjoy excitement, this is definitely not the trip for you.
The East Glacial River gorge (Jökulsá-Austari) is the setting the most action-packed and exciting rafting day tour. With spectacular deep canyon scenery and relentless heart-pumping white-water, the East has been consistently rated one of Europe’s best rafting rivers and topped popular guide books’ lists of "must-do's" in Iceland.
One of the most remote single-day rafting trips on the planet, this white-water adventure delivers an unforgettable journey into the untamed beauty of Iceland’s river wilderness and a dose of adrenaline strong enough to satisfy the most powerful of cravings.
For those traveling Iceland with a thirst for adventure, this is a day tour not to be missed!
Intense, powerful but predictable rapids requiring precise boat handling in turbulent water.
Drops may contain large, unavoidable waves and holes or steep, congested chutes with complex, demanding routes.
A white-water action trip: 6 hours
Available: May to September
→ Vous êtes automatiquement remboursés à 100%
2) Si vous annulez entre 48 et 96 heures avant l’activité
→ Vous serez éligible à un remboursement partiel de 50%
3) Si vous annulez 48 heures ou moins avant le début de l’activité
→ Aucun remboursement ne sera possible
All clothing worn on the river should be of a material that keeps its insulating ability when wet. It is highly recommended to wear fleece, wool, and synthetic materials. DO NOT WEAR COTTON, so NOT your jeans and your favourite hoodie!Conditions particulières
The Viking Rafting base at Hafgrímsstaðir is located on Road #752, 15km from its junction with Hwy #1 at the west end of Varmahlíð. Simply follow Road #752 up the valley for about 10-15 minutes until you see us on the left-hand side of the road!
You will have to pay additionally for the following:
- Lunch: 2.000 ISK pp.
- Akureyri Transfer: 6.000 ISK pp.
- Trip photos: 5.000 ISK
- All necessary rafting gear
- Riverside refreshments
- Transportation to and from Viking Rafting/the river
- All necessary rafting gear (best rated equipment in the industry - you'll be provided with a drysuit)
- Thermal underwear/base layers
- Warm fleece top/wool sweater
- Fleece pants/extra long johns
- Thick wool socks/hiking socks (at least 1 pair)
- Dry clothes for after the river