- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, French, German
- Durationfull day
- Opening seasons:
Experience something you surely haven't done, scuba diving in an underwater museum.
During this magnificent full day activity you will have your first dive, a second immersion and your finish the day with an exclusive visit to the Underwater Museum, the first of its kind in Europe!
This underwater museum tells the story of Lanzarote, its people and traditions. It shows you the flora and fauna in a completely different approach with a series of unique pieces created by Jason de Cayres Taylor, a well-known British scuba diver, biologist and artist. The 2,500 square meter Underwater Atlantic Museum can be found 14 meters under the clear waters of Bahia Las Coloradas in the southern coast of Lanzarote.
The artistic project is excellently integrated into the great natural reef and consists of concrete sculptures with a neutral pH that with time will help increase the breeding of species on the island.
In art you can find the most incredible contradictions. With irony, the artist takes desert fauna to the sea bed along with some local Lanzarotians that will stay there for 150 years. The installation artwork makes a statement about man's ego-centrism, the drama that refugees experience and loss of traditions.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to do something that will become a life-long memory!
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
Enjoy a full day in the water discovering the beauty surrounding Playa Chica and the waters of Lanzarote. The icing on the cake will be a once in a lifetime visit to Jason de Caires Taylor's Underwater Atlantic Museum.Itinerary
1. You will meet your PADI certified instructor who will take you to the most popular place for diving in Lanzarote: Playa Chica.
2. Before entering the water, you will be provided with some basic notions you should take into account for your first dive.
3. Once underwater, you will be accompanied on every moment. You will be shown the underwater species of the Canary Islands.
4. You will take a break for a snack
5. Second dive
6. From 13:30 to 14:30 you will have lunch (included)
7. A 25 minute drive will take you to Playa Blanca, where the Underwater Atlantic Museum is located
8. Third dive: visit to the Underwater Museum
9. After finishing, you will be returned to the meeting point.Activity requirements
Participants must be in good general health.
All participants must fill in a basic health questionnaire upon arrival.
All participants must bring a medical certificate from their doctor dated within the last 3 months stating that they are allowed to practice this activity.Special terms
A minimum of two people is required to do the activity.
Please note you are not allowed to fly for up to 24 hours after your last dive.
- All equipment rental including tanks
- Pick-up service (optional and in the Puerto del Carmen area)
- Underwater photo album
- Bottled water and snack