- Sport levelAdvanced
- Spoken languagesFrench, English
- Durationfrom 4 hrs to full day
- Opening seasons:
If you like winter sports, come try out a ski touring half or full day trip in Pré la Joux (Châtel), at the gateway of the Portes du Soleil in the French Alps.
ESI Pro Skiing Châtel is located in Pré la Joux area, at the gateway of Portes du Soleil. This area forms the link between Châtel and Avoriaz and has absolutely all the terrain that you would ever need, including tremendous off piste!
Châtel is heavily influenced by the microclimate between Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc, which generates very substantial snowfall between November and April, making it possible to keep the area open to skiing until late April every year.
The ESI Pro Skiing provides you with a half day (4 hours) or full day trip to practice ski touring in small groups with an expert instructor.
Ski touring is the perfect blend of mountaineering and skiing skills, allowing you to gain height easily, before making flowing turns down through perfect snow in an unspoilt Alpine wilderness.
The guides can take from competent piste skier, keen to spread your wings off-piste, through to advanced ski-tourer looking to find the next big descent. The instructors will share their knowledge and coach you at your own pace.
- Leche (valley next to Linga2)
- Petite leche (2nd valley next to Linga2)
- Pointe de Chesery (45 min walk at the top of the ski lift of Rochassons)
- Tête de géant (summit between Les Combes and Cornebois at 1,25 hour walk)
- Col de Bassachaux (10 min walk at the top of Bassachaux)
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected