- Sport levelfrom Intermediate to Advanced
- Spoken languages, French, German, Middle Dutch
- Duration3 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Dangers are ever present when out backcountry skiing. Develop your ability to read the signs and implement the information when making decisions during a safety avalanche awareness session in Tignes (Espace Killy).
When snow falls in the mountains there is always a risk of avalanche. This risk is limited on shallow slopes but increases with the steepness of the pitch. There is a 'danger' range of slope angles within which you see the highest number of avalanches, and where most off-piste skiing is practiced.
Safety in avalanche terrain is relative; depending on a host of interlinked factors, the stability of the snowpack can be affected in a short period of time, to the point where a stable slope at 10 am is no longer viable at 2 pm.
Understanding the effects and potential outcomes of your interaction with the winter mountain environment is the initial step in reducing the risks involved.
With Kev Herbert - instructor at Tignes Off-Piste - you can either do a 3-hour on-snow introduction to mountain safety session (SafetyBasics) or a 3-hour detailed on-snow safety session for the more experienced off-piste skiers (SafetyPractice).
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 90 and 60 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a refund of 75% of your total booking value
3) Cancellation between 60 and 30 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a refund of 50% of your total booking value
4) Cancellation after 30 days prior to the agreed activity starting date → No refund will be made