- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, French
- Duration4 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Discover beautiful landscapes from the sky thanks to an amazing hot air ballon flight over the Eure department and river!
Cher and Loire valleys are 2 very close spots which are composed of three marvelous castles:
- Amboise castle is the birthplace of the Renaissance. It was an ancient medieval fortress which then became a royal residence during the reign of French kings Charles VIII and François I.
- Chaumont-sur-Loire castle is an old fortress built in year 1,000 to keep an eye on the border between Blois and Anjou. Every year is held the Gardens International Festival from the end of April until mid-October.
- Chenonceau castle was originally a medieval castle of the 12th and 13th centuries which only remains a donjon (Tours des Marques). Its particularity is that it was built over the years by numerous women with different personalities.
The take-off site takes place in Chenonceau, Amboise or Chaumont-sur-Loire depending on the wind conditions.
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
- The pilot and his teammates welcome you and take you to the take-off site which is chosen according to the wind conditions. The meeting time is either at dawn between 5am and 7am so you can fly at sunrise, or it can be at dusk between 5pm and 7pm so you can fly before sunset.
- During the briefing, you get acquainted with the safety rules and the balloon equipment. After that, you can watch the balloon inflating and getting bigger, it is an impressive show! Then, it's time to climb into the basket.
- Within a few minutes, the hot air balloon goes up and slowly starts flying away. Feel the peaceful environment around you... you will feel weightlessness! Then, back down on a flat land, the basket brakes slowly and the balloon stands still.
- Once the balloon is detached, you help the team pack it and you celebrate your flight with an aperitif!
The activity lasts 4 hours, including a 1-hour flight.Special terms
Photos option: €10
Adult price: €159 on weekdays, €179 on weekends
- Return transfer from the take-off/landing site
- Vêtements (évitez le nylon) et chaussures confortables
- Chapeau ou casquette