- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, French, Italian
- Durationfrom 3 hrs to full day
- Opening seasons:
If you are reading this then you are probably interested in trying scuba diving. Now you need only to invest a few minutes to find out firsthand what diving is like. That's because this Discover Scuba experience can have you under water, breathing air, in no time at all. Discovering scuba is simple, easy and fun. It's the most convenient way known, to experience the actual sensation of scuba diving.
A few basic steps are all it takes:
• Upon your arrival, you will watch a short 20 minute introductory video which describes the do’s and don’ts of scuba diving.
• Then your instructor will familiarize you with the equipment and its’ use, as well as explain all the required procedures.
• You will then get geared up in Safety Tested equipment – allowing you to explore the marine life of the colorful reef.
• A short walk to the water line, in shallow water you will practice the basic exercises previously explained to you by your instructor so you can familiarize yourself with the equipment and the underwater environment.
• Now you are ready for your guided tour of the underwater world!
After your first experience breathing underwater, mingling with fish and discovering the underwater world you can find out how easy it is to continue diving. The instructors of Mykonos Diving have extensive experience in training beginners in the recreation of Scuba Diving and in making it an enjoyable experience for everyone. You will love diving in the crystal clear waters of Mykonos and discover the reefs and the marine life around them.
There are three steps to follow for your training
First dive to discover scuba diving is gonna be Beach entry dive to learn the Basic Skills and how to use the equipment.
Second Dive to discover scuba diving intends to learn additional skills and have a guided tour.
The Third Dive is by boat to practice the skills you learned and go around with the guide to a maximum depth of 6-8 meters.
The Diving Sites
You will find some of the best dive sites located very close to the dive center. Exciting sites such as Paradise Reef, Paradise Point and Ornos Rocks are less than 10 minutes travel time.
Paradise Reef - A beautiful reef with a wide diversity of marine life, from juveniles to adults. Here is the best place to see different species interacting, such as sponges, nudibranchs, colorful wrasse, sea bream, barracuda, starfish and octopus.
Depth: 2 to 30m.
Travel time: 1 min.
Paradise Point - Located just off the bay, this site has dramatic topography, including swim-throughs and steep drop-offs. Look out for Tony, the huge resident grouper! Other marine life found there includes moray eels, lobster, amberjacks and different kinds of grouper.
Depth: 10 to 30m.
Travel time: 5 min.
Grouper Rocks - Friendly wrasse tend to follow divers around this site, which also has a number of interesting ancient artefacts scattered around.
Depth: 10 to 30m.
Travel time: 15 min.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made