- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish
- Duration2-3 days
- Opening seasons:
Go wild in the Western Cape on an overnight safari trip from Cape Town! Travel off the beaten track to interact with wildlife with an expert game-ranger at your side, set out on a game drive through a malaria-free reserve in search for Africa’s Big Five.
Day 1: Cape Town – 4x4 Safari – Oudtshoorn
Travel route ± 450 km
- Morning pick-up from Cape Town or Stellenbosch.
- En route to Oudtshoorn, spot some of Africa’s wild animals from the back of an open 4x4 vehicle in a malaria-free private game reserve. Search for giraffe, white rhino, kudu, lion, elephant, zebra and wildebeest, to name a few. The game drive is led by an experienced game ranger, sharing his knowledge of the local wildlife as well as other antelope species, birdlife and insects.
- Journey through the landscape of rugged plains and towering cliffs to reach Oudtshoorn in the semi-desert Klein Karoo.
- Spend the night in Oudtshoorn
Day 2: Oudtshoorn - Elephant walk – Route 62 to Cape Town
Travel route ± 400 km
- Get up early for an optional elephant bush walk and feeding experience.
- Learn more about the largest bird in the world as you visit one of the many ostrich farms in the region.
- Choose an optional Elephant Bush Walk Experience. Walk alongside 3 rescued elephants in a natural setting to learn more about these gentle giants.
- Travel back via the scenic Route 62 – South Africa's famous scenic country road, capturing the beauty of mountains, twisting passes, vineyards and orchards to reach Cape - - Arrive in town by late evening.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- Breakfast for each overnight stay is available to purchase at your overnight accommodation or you can buy snacks from supermarkets.
- Lunch will be en route with limited time and limited options to choose from.
- Dine at famous restaurants or book meals with the overnight accommodation. Your guide can advise you and arrange transport you to the best local restaurants each night.
Some hostels even have communal kitchens to prepare your own food, if you wish to buy the ingredients at towns on tour to prepare your own breakfast and dinner.
You will share a dormitory in a hostel with the rest of the group.
All participants aged between 12 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult.Special terms
There is a free transport service from Cape Town, Stellenbosch and Somerset West town centres (within a 10km radius of city centre).
The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasion run in reverse or different order.
- Friendly local English-speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off transfer service
- Accommodation and bedding in a hostel dorm for 1 night
- Entry fees for: Cango Wildlife Ranch Tour, 4x4 Game Drive and the Ostrich Tour
- Meals, drinks and optional extras
- Elephant bush walk
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Jacket for cooler evenings
- Beach towel and swimming costume/shorts