- Sport levelIntermediate
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Swedish
- Duration3 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Join Explore Luleå for an unforgettable ice skating trip. Discover the central part of the city while gliding over the ice in a high speed. No previous experience needed!
Whether it is your first time, or if you are an experienced ice skater, discovering central Luleå on skates is incredible. Long distance ice skating is a truly magical experience. You will not only be able to experience northern Sweden in a new fun way but also enjoy a Swedish fika (something hot to drink and sweet to eat) or lunch (on request).
Skating directly on the archipelago in Luleå is great. Long distance skates have been used for a long time by the Nordics to travel long distances. The activity itself pushes your body in new ways but also gives you a sense of freedom traveling through the open landscape.
You meet the guide and the rest of the group in central Luleå. The activity starts off with a short safety and equipment briefing, allowing you to try on the best skates for you. After that, the ice skating adventure will start. After around 1,5 hrs of ice skating, you will make a stop for either lunch or Swedish fika depending on your chosen activity. To finish up, you will ice-skate some more to later arrive back in central Luleå after approximately three hours.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- Meetup at 10 AM. Please arrive 10 minutes before the activity starts.
- Safety & Equipment briefing
- Ice skating adventure starts...
- Stop for lunch or Swedish fika.
- Continue ice skating...
- Back after approx. 3 hours.
- For the exact meeting point please contact the instructor.
- If you wish to rent clothes please contact the instructor.
Fika / Lunch:
- Fika is included in the price.
- To include lunch instead of Swedish fika please contact the instructor.
See three different Swedish lunch suggestions:
• Crepes with salmon, cheese, mushrooms, crème Fraiche and onion. Served with a hot beverage.
Price: 200 SEK per person
• Wok with chicken, rice, vegetables and a sweet and sour sauce. Served with a hot beverage.
Price: 200 SEK per person
• Souvas: smoked reindeer meat, cantaloupe, yellow onion, cream with mashed potatoes. Served with a hot beverage.
Price: 300 SEK per person
- Swedish fika
- Necessary equipment
- Warm clothing
- Warm gloves