What better place to enjoy a snorkeling trip than in some of the world's clearest waters in between two continents!
For all the adrenaline hunters out there, this is THE trip you need to check off your bucket list! Silfra is a truly extraordinary place, located between the European and American tectonic plates. The pure and filtered glacial meltwater is probably the clearest water you can find on our planet! It will feel like floating on airat the edge of two worlds.
The underwater visibility will be just astonishing, allowing you to completely immerse yourself in your surroundings and getting the most out of your snorkeling trip!
You will begin this tour at Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. After a short journey through the volcanic, moss-laden fields of the park, you will listen as your friendly and experienced PADI Divemaster provides a safety briefing. All equipment for snorkeling will be given to you, including a thermal undersuit, a drysuit, neoprene hoods and gloves, a mask, snorkel and fins. Then its off into the water!
After the tour you will receive the photos via email to remember all the happy memories created.
Wait no more and go on this out of the ordinary adventure across two continents!
The total duration of the activity is 3 hours with 45 minutes spent under water.Activity requirements
To be able to do this tour, you have to be able to comply with the following requirements
– Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form – click here. It's recommended you bring the Form already printed out and signed, but you can also sign the Form at the meeting location.
– Be comfortable in water and be able to swim.
– Communicate in English at the time of the tour.
– Be physically fit.
– Not be pregnant.
– You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold.
– You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit.
– You must be a maximum of 69 years of age to participate in this tour. If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the Medical Statement.
– You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
– If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver.
– Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physicians allowance to participate in this tour.